Who will you remember this Memorial Day.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Shihan, May 26, 2010.

1. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

marinegun.jpg
    Remember those who gave their lives in defense of our Country.
    IN MEMORIAM: LCpl Kenneth Saunders and LCpl Scott Paul, Both killed while serving their Country on April 11, 1992. Guard the streets of Heaven well Marines. SEMPER FI

2. doctherock

doctherock New Member

I have far to many members of the family to remember. They have given thier lives and or pieces of themselves in every war fought by our great nation. To them and all the other brave women I say thanks for giving. All gave some, some gave all. Im an Air Force guy but Semper Fi comes to mind when it comes to all these great folks who give it all.

3. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

Rest in Peace Dad..... Thanks for your service.

Attached Files:

4. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

Honolulu Star-Bulletin Hawaii News

Happened to be walking the flightline at NAS Oceana one day and there was one guy tending to a Spectre that was down and awaiting parts. Sgt. Kanuha gave me the grand tour of the plane, which isn't uncommon in the aviation community. What was uncommon was his enthusiasm. He f-ing LOVED what he did for a living. He knew his plane inside and out, from the radars to the Bofors, and as he showed me around you'd have thought he'd just bought the Herc. We shot the sh*t for about 1/2 an hour afterward, and then I went on my merry, earthbound way.
    When the news came out that a Spectre had gone down it caught my attention because the plane is a damned tank. Epic power with amazing lift, and one of the most structurally-durable aircraft ever built. Not long after, it came out that Damon Kanuha was aboard, and that all souls were lost when it crashed at sea.
    During the 20 years that the Navy let me hang around, I met a long line of motivated professionals. SSgt Damon Kanuha, USAF, AC-130 Flight Engineer is at the top of that list.

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Friends gone too soon.

6. markerdown

markerdown New Member

All those who have served this great country.... it is in their honor that I fly the US flag at my home this entire weekend........markerdown

7. suprdave

suprdave New Member

My Grandpa. Rest in peace, PawPaw!

8. Missileman

Missileman New Member

My Dad--three years in the European theater WWII, Battle of the Bulge, then shipped to the Pacific when the Germans surrendered. Survived everything, passed away in 1968 from a heart attack. God rest his soul.

9. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

My Dad ( Vietnam ) and both my grandfathers ( WWII ) along with all the brave men and women who have ever put on the uniform of the greatest country on Planet Earth.

God speed one and all and THANK YOU for your selfless service!!

JD

10. Bvhawk

Bvhawk New Member

My Dad= 6 yrs Air Force Artillery(Cuban Missile Crisis,Vietnam)
    My wife's Father figure= 20+ years in the Marine's and Army(Vietnam, Panama, Desert Storm I and II)
    My wife's Grandfather (BigDaddy)= WWII, Navy

RIP guy's
    With Love

11. cbw

cbw New Member

All those who have gone where they had to, to do what their country asked of them, without regard for the outcome.

12. shadecorp

shadecorp Active Member Supporter

13. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

I guess it would be fitting to remember my Dad at Memorial Day. During WWII my dad was an engineer for Boeing on the B-17 production line.

During that war it was understood that everyone was a part of the war effort, weather you carried a rifle or not.

14. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

My fallen team members and close friends, including everyone and anyone who has selflessly served lived on, or gave the ultimate sacrifice in service to this great country.

"In memory of our fallen team mates,
    who were men of vision,
    daring to be different.
    Men which had confidence in themselves,
    trusted their comrades
    They were men of courage,
    and left their fate to God.
    "

Jack

15. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

There are a couple friends that gave their all but my father stands above them all. He went to do his part in WWII and Korea and come home alive to raise a family with a very unruly son(me) along with the other three. He carried the demons that many soldiers do but most people never knew unless you heard the results of the nightmares. He never run from anything but rather dug in his heels.

Here's to you old man...I pray you have been able to rest.

16. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Well put Jack. Thanks for all you and your team did for all of us.

17. UnderFire

UnderFire New Member

My Dad, U.S.A.F. retired, (WWII) passed away in '03 at the age of 79.
    my brother(U.S.M.C)...cousins that I grew up with and uncles (Army WWII) that I've never met only seen in pictures. And all the other heros that have given their all.

18. doctherock

doctherock New Member

The man in my Avatar photo is my Great Uncle George Holiday.

19. TheDaggle

TheDaggle Member

My grandfather, Major Frank J. Skufca. He flew a fighter and an O1E Bird-dog recon plane in Vietnam.

*respect*

20. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Thomas Grass, my Grandfather, served USMC, Pacific, WW2. Passed away last fall.

Greatest man I ever knew.