Who wants Ruger to offer the Mini 14/30 with a factory folder and flash hider ?

Discussion in 'Mini-14 Forum' started by Spedman, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Spedman

Spedman New Member

Who wants to see Ruger redesign the Mini 14 to accept AR mags, with a factory folder and a flash hider? They could do the same thing with the mini 30. Have it accept AK mags. I personally don't understand why Ruger hasn't improved on the design. It is one cool looking and functional design that could easily be updated. I wouldn't mind paying a bit more for a tricked out Ruger Mini 14/30. How about you guys?

2. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

yes and no. :confused:

i would LOVE to see ruger reintroduce the old school factory wooden folder! that folder would look great on a short barrel tactical with flash hinder! this would be in instant hit imo! i don't think there is anything on the market quite like that anymore.

AR and AK mags....meh.....i don't really care one way or the other on that. ruger mags work just fine and are available everywhere.

3. Spedman

Spedman New Member

I also love their old school factory wooden folder. That was one cool accessory. It is a shame it is no longer being produced by anyone. In 1992 there was a company Lone Ordnance that made a copy of the folder. It was almost identical to the original.

4. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I saw one at a recent gun show and the owner was pretty proud of it judging by the price he had on it.

5. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

yup. most want $300+ just for an orginal factory folding stock. it shouldn't be too hard to undercut that! if ruger decided to bring them back at about $100-150, i'd be seriously looking at them.

6. Stillwater

Stillwater New Member

The answer to your questions is very simple. Ruger wants to make money selling their proprietary magazines.

I would like to see the Mini-14's accept AR-15 mags and the Mini-30's accept AK Magazines. However, Old Man Ruger would have peed down his leg, if it were ever a serious proposal from within the company.

Old man Ruger didn't present much resistance to the anti-gunners. You have heard of Veni, Vidi, Vici? He came, he saw, he conquered?

To old man Ruger, it was Veni, Vidi, Weakly. He came, he saw and he concurred...! The Ruger company is still infected with this cowardly mind-set...!

Bill

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012