Who Today Is Safe At Home?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by PanBaccha, Feb 13, 2012.

1. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Goes to show you no one is truly safe in the comforts of their own homes.

Attached Files:

2. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Nope, your never really safe anywhere, thats why you have to be prepared. I'm glad it ended well for the guy.

3. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

Looks as though he did not have an alarm system. The outcome could have been entirely different if he had. I go to bet he gets one in the real near future.

4. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Or at least nature's alarm system in the adoption of a dog. :)

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

My xdm is on my belt all day when im not at work. Even sitting playing xbox i got my gun on me.

6. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

I'm safe as long as my gun is in arms reach...or I feel safe anyway.....

7. BlueTurf

BlueTurf New Member

I am in the habit of locking my doors even while I am home. I have three small dogs who bark at every sound they hear. I think they even bark when they hear a fly buzzing around outside. If someone were to try to get into my house my dogs would go nuts with their barking. This would give me enough time to get my hands on a firearm. If someone persisted in forcibly entering my house with the dogs barking I have to figure they are up to no good. It doesn't matter which firearm I grab because I am very familiar with all of them. Of course, I don't grab a gun every time my dogs bark. I would try to make an assessment of the situation and determine what action was warranted, even if it had to be done very quickly.

8. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

dogs are an early warning system... I've learned to differentiate my yappy little mutts barking because they hear a noise from barking because they want to warn me. It's a different bark. Steel/foam door with reinforced strikers. Doors are always locked. Firearms are usually (but not always) within arms reach. Somebody coming in is going to make some noise before they get in the house.