Who makes Mossberg actions?

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by fa35jsf, Jul 10, 2014.

1. fa35jsf

fa35jsf New Member

Who makes Mossberg 4x4 actions? I ask this because the action, trigger, and bolt look very similar if not exactly the same as what I am seeing on the Savage Arms website.

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

to the best of my knowledge, Mossberg makes their own actions. they do use a barrel and nut system very similiar to the Savage, as does the Marlin X7 series. the bolt on the Mossberg looks very similiar to the Remington M700 to me.

3. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

Mossberg.....
    The way the barrel is attached in very "Savage", but the actual action is more Remington-esk.

4. fa35jsf

fa35jsf New Member

Thanks. My 4x4 is the older version without the "cool" twist to the bolt. My rifle also has the fluted barrel and muzzle break. Just a warning, I'm about to have several threads in the rifle forum in the next few days.

5. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Looks of copying of idea today .

6. Axxe55

do tell! let us in on the ideas you are having!:D

7. fa35jsf

fa35jsf New Member

Well I'm thinking of selling my current hunting rifle since it is not configured very well to be a hunting rifle and buying something a little more towards my liking. Just keep your eyes peeled for another thread from me in the next few days after I finish my research and narrow it down to a few options.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

8. Salvo

Salvo New Member

Mossberg just expanded their long gun manufacturing facility in Eagle Pass, Texas with a new 116,000 sq foot building.

HQ is still in Connecticut. They've been manufacturing in Texas since 1989.

9. Axxe55

the Eagle Pass, Texas facility is where Mossberg makes the Maverick M88 shotguns at. the M88 is pretty much a Mossberg M500 with a different trigger group and safety.