Who likes Metal?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by KBlue, Feb 18, 2010.

1. KBlue

KBlue New Member

I just wanted to call out my metal brethren on this board, if indeed there are any. I've been listening to metallica and pantera since i was about 10 years old. When I got to college in 03, one of my neighbors introduced me to anthrax and slayer. Since then, i've never looked back. I love everything from older stuff (like priest, sabbath, maiden) to the 80s/90s stuff (thrash, death, black metal) and even some of the "new" bands (lamb of god, municipal waste, mastodon etc). So, where my fellow metalheads at?

2. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

There are several of us here. Metallica lost it years ago, imo. I haven't gotten into any newer metal bands for a long time now. I still enjoy the classics. :)

3. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Don't really get into the bands you mentioned....Savatage, Bruce Dickenson, Dream Theater are more my style.

4. NGIB

NGIB New Member

I like gold, silver, and platinum a lot - can't afford any though...:D

5. General_lee

General_lee New Member

I am indeed, a metalhead.
    Metallica, Iron Maiden, Pantera, Nightwish, etc.:cool:

6. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I will listen to jsut about anything as long as it has NOTHING to do with the Douche Bags that call themselves Metallica. They are dead to me. They should have been shot for their black album. Since them they have done nothing but go down hill.

I would rather listen to Lady GAGA before listing to Metallica.

My music taste is all over the place.

I have just about anyting form Air Supply to Velvet Revolver and The White strpies. Steppenwolf, Tome Petty, Static-X, Stained, Perl Jam (Playing Now) to STP, RHCP, Disturbed possiable the best new metal band to come out since the 80's. I got all their stuff, Hoobastank, Kid Rock, Korn (Not a big fan but it is better then metallica) that is about 1/10 of my music collection.

7. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

You left out the Johnny Cash and Charlie Pride....

8. TheOldMan

TheOldMan New Member

Nothing like having some metal playing loud in the shop when I'm working on my guns...

9. james_black

james_black New Member

Right here brother!

Metalhead since I was 13..started with Mötley Crüe, Skid Row, Slaughter etc, then Slayer, Nuclear Assault, Sodom, Kreator, Gwar, Megadeth, Metallica, Sepultura, Anthrax etc then Cannibal Corpse, Suffocation, Immolation, Malevolent Creation, BloodStorm, At the Gates, Brujeria etc then Emperor, Dimmu Borgir, Mayhem, Absu, Mortis, Cradle of Filth, Moonspell, My Dying Bride, Paradise Lost etc then Static X, Fear Factory, DevilDriver, Sevendust, Cold, Slipknot, Lamb of God, System of a Down.
    Catch the drift? Lol
    Never got into the punk rock. I need it strenght and power and headbanging, moshable music.
    Can't live without Metal Music.

10. cameronguyton

cameronguyton New Member

I can't believe that no one has mentioned Motörhead!
    :mad:
    And you say you love metal!

11. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Easy there...I never listed out the bands I like or better yet...spent the money to see in concert. :D You gave me an idea for thread, maybe...hmmm

"Who would win in a fight between Lemmy and God?"

12. themyst

themyst New Member

I do an exhausting hour long workout on the treadmill every day while listening to Disturbed, Slipknot, hmmm ... let's see what else is on my mp3 player - a little Godsmack, Korn, Megadeath, gee, I even have a little Rammstein on there. I like it because I can work out all my aggressions in my head while running, and when I'm done, I don't feel like killing anyone anymore, just taking a nap. :)

I do need to take some time to research some different bands so I can refresh my song selections.

13. james_black

james_black New Member

I workship metal. I never got the Motörhead vibe. Same with Venom or Celtic Frost.
    There is band that u like and dislike.

14. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I don't want to start anything, but Slipknot is kind of a rip off of Mushroomhead. Just sayin....

Myst, check out some Coal Chamber if you have not yet. :D

15. themyst

themyst New Member

Yep, I've got some of that on my mp3 player, too. I have to be somewhat selective with my songs because if parts are too slow, it will slow me down too much with my workout. But yes, Coal Chamber is most definitely a worthy mention.

16. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Metal God......

Attached Files:

17. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Good lordy, man....

Why on this wonderful and cold Earth would you decide to post a pic of the Devil incarnate? For the love of your fellow forum members (and to keep yourself from an eternal stay in Purgatory) I implore you to never post such evilness again. Just lookin out, brother. (I believe I heard that Pluto retired and that abomination now guards Hades)

18. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

Amen, brother!

Lemmy is God.

[​IMG]

I don't know how I'd train without Motörhead. It's my favourite band.

My metal taste is goes mostly towards the classics, like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, Ozzy, etc. I do like some of the newer bands like Virgin Steele, Nightwish (just the Tarja period!), Blind Guardian, etc.

19. KBlue

KBlue New Member

Glad to see I'm not alone! If there's one thing that truly brings people together just to have a good time and kick *** in the pit its a metal show! Anybody seeing any good shows soon?