Who likes leatherman?

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by ss33204, Jan 25, 2013.

1. ss33204

ss33204 New Member

I've had a skeletool for about a year now and I love it, keep it in my glovebox for a great quality multitool when I need it. Who else likes leatherman?

2. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

I always carry my leatherman on one side and j-frame on the other.

3. blucoondawg

blucoondawg New Member

I have a Wave, got it from work, it cannot be replaced in my line of work.

4. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

I have carried a Leatherman Super Tool for at least 10 years now.

5. blucoondawg

blucoondawg New Member

And to think I used to carry a small pocket knife and thought the leatherman was way to heavy and bulky, now I almost have an anxiety attack if I leave the house and drive away without it. It's worse than some folks forgetting their Iphone

6. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

I'm a fan. I have a micro leatherman and it's been a good tool to have, has not rusted, dulled overly and has held up to abuse over time.

7. hmh

hmh New Member

Have a leatherman crunch and a super tool. Super tool stays in my get home bag with a bit driver adapter. Crunch is my work carry.

8. thdrduck

thdrduck New Member

I got 2 of the original ones back in the late 80's. I have had one on my side ever since. Sent the first one in twice to get fixed, top notch service. Now that one is pretty worn out and past the 25 year warranty so I just pulled out my other old new one and retired the first but it's still there as a backup. Now it gets in the way of my holster and after all these years just can't get used to it on the other side. Bummer. After you have one, you'll wonder how you got by without it.

9. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

I have a leatherman fuse. Love it.

10. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I had an original Leatherman that I carried for years and years everywhere I went. Lost it one day and got a newer one, but it sucked in comparison. I lost that one and haven't replaced it. I would like to get a style which has a bypass pruning shear and one of the knife blades is a grafting knife but I can't afford it right now. http://www.baileysonline.com/itemdetail.asp?item=830555

11. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

I just carry a screwdriver a Big hammer and a switch blade knife.:D

12. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

the Leathermans are good pocket utility tools, but i prefer the Gerber brand of pocket utility tools. i usually keep one in each of my trucks, for JIC!:D

13. Wiseman3

Wiseman3 New Member

Had a surge and loved it, left in on a job site. Thats the bad part of having a black tool. I also have two MUTs I now carry. Really good tools very handy to have.

14. blucoondawg

blucoondawg New Member

I also have a SOG Paratool, it is slightly smaller than the leatherman so is nicer to pocket carry but it opens in an unconventional way and has to be almost completely opend to access the knives and other tools so now I leave that at home because it's much quicker to flip a blade out of the Leatherman

15. hidyhowareya

hidyhowareya New Member

I've had the original tool for about 16 years and it works like new. Here recently I picked up a MUT and cannot say a bad thing about. My thumb can though after it stopped bleeding. The blades are really sharp.

16. sdiver35

sdiver35 New Member

I've still got the Leatherman I carried while in the service - it now resides in my range bag. I also have the skeletool that I keep in my bug out bag.

17. MoreAltitude

MoreAltitude New Member

Me too, I prefer the Gerber. I have Leatherman's too and like them a lot, but the Gerbers have the open side (where the tools pivot out of) on the inside when used. On the Leathermans, it's open on the outside when used and isn't too friendly on the hands when gripping on it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  18. blucoondawg

blucoondawg New Member

This is why I actually prefer the Leatherman, I find myself getting out knives and screwdrivers more than using the pliers so I find it handier on the outside. Do all the Gerber pliers slide out the end or do some fold open? I have only seen the slide outs

19. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i think they make different types of the Gerber. both mine are the slide out design and i like them because of that. i too like the tools on the inside vs. the outside. but that's just a personal preference.

20. Zschneider

Zschneider New Member

I have the leatherman surge helped me more times than I can count