who likes Charter Arms?

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by vanguard, Aug 11, 2011.

1. vanguard

vanguard New Member

This is my 44 special[​IMG][/IMG]

2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Charter builds a good pistol. I carried one for several years as backup. It was the small 38 S&W Cal Snub Nose Model, I want to say Model 85???. And I also bought one as a gift for my Aunt and a good friend here in Tennessee. They are good quality and all parts as well as the frame, are built here in the USA. I think they are overlooked by most when considering a good little pistol. In some models they even build a left handed model.

3. moonpie

moonpie New Member

i prefer to carry my 38 undercover that was made in the 70s. it's not built for the hot stuff but it fits me.

4. vanguard

vanguard New Member

this was made in the 80s and I just put these grips on to make the total weight 22.86 oz.[​IMG][/IMG]

5. maierar

maierar New Member

I like mine because:1.It's light 2.It was reasonably priced 3.As accurate as any 2 inch-barreled gun 3.Just slightly over the top:
    [​IMG]

6. vanguard

vanguard New Member

7. dallascj

dallascj New Member

I have 2 Bulldog Pugs that I am very happy with. I have been thinking about a .38 for pocket carry, but don't know if I would prefer the stainless or aluminum frame. Unfortunately, around me no one stocks any Charter guns, so I would have to order it without getting to hold one first.

8. CaseyChadwell

CaseyChadwell New Member

The most accurate 38 Special I have ever owned was a Charter Arms. The only issue I had with it is I carried it deer hunting to put down wounded deer I came across. I shot a wounded buck that was shot in the hip by someone else that I came across leaving my stand and got no penetration what so ever. I ended up having to slit its throat to put it out of its misery. After that I quit carrying a 38 and switched to "wondernines". But I really wish I still had that super accurate snubby.

9. whtsmoke

whtsmoke New Member

i still have my bulldog that i got when they first come out, back then we took the cylinder latch off so it would bite, didnt need it anyway. havent shot it in years, thanks for the reminder i will get it out.

10. gschnarr

gschnarr New Member

Love my Bulldog Pug. Mine is from the early 80's and very reliable and accurate.

11. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

I have a 2 year old ultra lite model in 38. I did change the hammer spring to a wolff lighter spring. Works great shoots to point of aim just don't buy the smaller 2 finger grip and try to shot +p loads. Vicious little sucker with that grip.

12. dallascj

dallascj New Member

Thanks, hardluk, I appreciate the insight. That is unfortunate about the boot grips, however, the standard grip is what my Bulldogs have on them, and I don't think it would work for pocket carry.

13. Buckeyeborn

Buckeyeborn New Member

Never like the looks so never even tried one

14. armsmaster270

armsmaster270 New Member

I loved my first model bulldog but have no experience with the newer ones.

15. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Wives CC ! .327 Fed. Mag.

Attached Files:

16. MAGNUM44

MAGNUM44 New Member

Ca bulldog 44 spcl

I bought one about 2 yrs ago, & I love this gun & carry it every day, It's reliable & accurate, & easy to hide, I paid about $340.00 for it back then at a Gander Mtn store in my home state. :D

17. Papa_Woody

Papa_Woody New Member

I like CAs. Good basic revolver. And personally, i like American made especially when it is not a giant company. Very over looked by people with expensive taste, but I would confidently do battle with one...

18. freedomfreak

freedomfreak New Member

19. trex1310

trex1310 New Member

I don't like Charter.

20. phildenton

phildenton New Member

what about them do some of you not like? [I ask as Ive been looking at maybe getting a snubbie as a bug]