Who is getting What for Christmas ?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by MobileMarine, Dec 21, 2011.

1. MobileMarine

MobileMarine New Member

Got the wife a bad *** 3-d HD 18x zoom olympus camera and a SD card that cost almost as much as it did , Another 19in flat screen for the kids play room , a little tool kit , some cooking stuff and got us a 55 in plasma .
    Got the grandma & grandpa a flat screen with built in dvd player , somehow I have another 19in flatty '' best buy saw me coming ''. There is a new dvd player somewhere for someone , got the kids some more $hit that takes batteries and makes too much repetitive noise .
    I dont know what to get Pops since he is giving me one of the Harleys and dont know what to get my sis who has all of the cool electronic mess anyway .
    Bought some wind chimes from tractor supply
    And I got this for my aunt , how sweet is that ?
    As much money as I have spent I could have said the hell with everyone and got my self a 1928 thompson clone
    [​IMG]
    OH AND NEVER BUY SOMETHING FOR ANYONE THAT YOU CANT USE !

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

We spend WAAAY less for Christmas. I don't spend much more than $100/person, if I even spend that much.
    So far, my daughter got me tickets to a hockey game. My son, daughter and granddaughter took me. We had a blast. I don't know what else I'll be receiving. I got my daughter a gift certificate for clothes as she's lost a good bit of weight. My oldest son wants snow boots. His fiancee wants a waffle maker. I bought the two grandkids several toys they had asked for. My co-workers and I decided along ago to not exchange gifts. We may bake something and bring it in to share but that's it.

It seems like families like mine are the exception. I am floored by what people spend at Christmas time. I just can't do that and I don't know if I would even if I could.

If the economy is depending on me and my family to set it right by spending a lot of money...........it ain't gonna happen.

3. downsouth

downsouth New Member

My wife and I aren't going to exchange gifts this Christmas. It's all going for a three week vacation to Alaska this summer. Can't wait.

4. fireguy

fireguy New Member

My wife and I will exchange small gifts for Christmas. We have decided that we have enough "stuff" and getting something for the house makes more sense. We got a nice area rug for the dining room. New curtains for the living and dining rooms and new shower curtains for the bathroom. Oh, and some art to hang in the dining room.
    Youngest son is getting a 22" flat screen tv and misc. smaller stuff. Oldest son will get a gift certificate.

Just filling the stocking for my wife adds up to some serious $$. Candy isn't too bad, but to get jewelry I've been looking at the 60% off stuff at Kohl's and JCPenney to save money. She likes her bangles and doodads and looks pretty good in the too.

5. PrimePorkchop

PrimePorkchop New Member

Got my wife a new Glock 17 with a pink tigerstriped duracoat...and she got me my first AR-15 (Colt LE6940)

this is probably my favorite Christmas...EVER

6. shadamai

shadamai New Member

Bought my parents some firewood for Christmas (something they really wanted and needed, plus supports local business.) I bought my brother and his wife some clothes for the new baby and hand painted them a family portrait on canvas (his wife is always saying she wants to put up some of my art in their apartment.) Ordered my grandmother a photo calendar, but it hasn't come in yet. Still haven't gotten everything on my list yet...

7. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Got the wife a new laptop because hers took a dump and I was tired of her using mine . We usually spend around $200 on each of our kids but this yr we have cut it back to $125 each and we always buy something for the house so we bought a new cheapo 42'' lcd for the living room that everyone will use . I have been doing a few odd jobs on the side and rat holing a few buck here and there for quite some time to buy myself a AR 15 and finally had enough to get it done ,only to find out its not going to be here by Christmas :( . Mom and dad and the mother in law are getting gift cards and my father in law is getting a pair of $50 binos . Thats it, we cant stimulate the economy much more than that and its more than I truely wanted to spend this year , right around $600 this season the wife says we got off cheap , I just rolled my eyes and walked away :rolleyes:

8. orangello

orangello New Member

NICE! Kill a couple of bears while you are up there. :D

9. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

My wife does most of the shopping so I'm not 100% sure what everyone's getting :eek:. I do know that all I asked for was just money, so I can replace the backboard of my basketball goal, and if there's enough left over I might get a Winchester 94 or an SKS.

10. zedpapa

zedpapa Member Supporter

My wife does all the shopping also. We draw names with my wifes family to lessen the burden. I'm so broke this year that my brother gave me $100 to buy for my side. All fun this year, he said, gag gifts only. $10 limit per person. There's my economic stimulation.

Brian

11. MobileMarine

MobileMarine New Member

Well my grandma watches my 2 kids 2 days a week and wont take any pay , so i dont mind getting them something nice .
    My aunt as some of you may remember '' the crazy one '' I got some 8 dollar wind chimes for , she watches the kids 3 days a week for 100.00 a week .
    My wife has had it ruff this year with her parents splitting up after 30 years and all the stuff she does for me and the kids I dont mind getting her some nice things . Pops helps us out from time to time if we really need somthing . The mother in-law that moved in on my land is a pain the *** , she gets a box of rocks . As for the big tv I got us .... Dang it We dont get to go out to eat or vacations or buy nice things so I figured it was time to get the family somthin nice .
    Anyother Christmas , everyone gets 20.00 gift cards

12. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

My wife and I just usually get each other some small thing and then get something for the house. Most of our spending goes towards the kids. They are 4 and 5 so Christmas is still a huge deal and a lot of fun for them. I am going to buy myself a Mosin Nagant though.

13. jsbowman

jsbowman New Member

My girl friend got me a Mossberg 930 spx and some shells. I got here a Northface jacket some new shoes and a new set of tires for her car

14. trip286

trip286 New Member

My wife has gotten me a couple video games, among other things I don't know about, I've gotten her a movie she's been wanting, a plaid pea coat, a game, some perfume, and some other odds and ends.

15. MobileMarine

MobileMarine New Member

Gotta love car repairs for Christmas presents lol I might paint the rear gate on my wifes caliber , that I HAD to buy b/c she cant pay attention when she is back up and hit the only damn tree in a 1ac field , bu then again I may leave it blue on her white car just to drive her crazy and teach her a lesson

16. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

I forgot to mention that part of my christmas present to my wife and father is that I'm taking them up to the National Firearms Museum, and to the NRA's range, but it'll be after Christmas when both of them have a free weekend.

17. MobileMarine

MobileMarine New Member

Man the NRA museum was by far the best place I have ever been to . You need to get there early , bring a good camera with a big *** memory card and some rags to keep the drool under control . You will spend the better part of a day in there . When you 1st walk in you are overwhelmed with Holland & Holland case guns worth more than our houses , Then there is JFK's Colt Single action covered in nothing but gold inlay and engraving , Some Robert E Lee guns , you know , nothing of great magnitude , oh and serial number 1 thompson machine gun

18. Billy9mm

Billy9mm Member Supporter

The wife wants some accessories for her ipad, and i'm going to get her some pj's and a new ladies wallet since her purse was stolen the other day. I going to pick me up a Henry 22 lever action.

19. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

*drool*...

20. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Hope no one is offended.

downloadfile-11.jpeg