Who is getting ready?

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by Ghost1958, Oct 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

That sounds like my neck of the woods. I avoid having to use manners by not associating with anyone in the woods nearby. I wave an nod when I go to the mailbox, and that is it. I have a standard, ongoing preparation system; I keep food for a month and ammo for a year. I don't worry about civil unrest out here, that is a city thing, and I gave up on cities 25 years ago. Bugging out for me is bedroom to gun room or kitchen.

Diesel3 and locutus like this.
  2. Mister Dave

Mister Dave Well-Known Member

It's not rural here - suburban, industrial and warehousing mostly. It is quiet.

That was a lot of my point. Thus the question in bold letters.

We have a conservative black mayor here. He put himself out front along with our female police chief. But they took no crap from anyone either.

locutus, Rifling82 and Ghost1958 like this.

3. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Well-Known Member

I don't worry about the protester's & riots coming out where I live. But, I am prepared for any interruption of electric power or water service.
    I have plenty of extra gas, propane, and diesel fuel as well as being fully stocked up on food, water, and needed supplies.

locutus and Rifling82 like this.
  4. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member Supporter

I did as well.

That certain computers embedded in society were wonky was a certainty. The effort to root them out, behind the scenes, though, was extreme and caught most of it before the mess occurred. People knew how crappy their own home systems could be; it wasn't a stretch to imagine the same happening at an entirely different level.

With the riots, though, most who watch the news simply see the handful of messy rioting cities and how seemingly localized it is ... and they dismiss the larger risk.

But if you think beyond, it's everywhere. Violently aggressive tailgaters, on the road. People stabbing and murdering others if asked to don a mask. Countless variations on the theme: people are fed up, feeling out of control, and lashing out. We see it daily, almost everywhere. "The meek" aren't going to inherit a damned thing, unless they pull the finger out and cope with it. Harshly, if cornered.

It's a powderkeg. And matches are being lit. It won't take much. I don't think it'll go off everywhere; it's not likely there are tens of millions of such cretins. But there are enough in populated areas to make a severe mess of things, so long as people are on the back foot and refuse to stand firm against such crap.

LE is going to have to get severe, in their handling.

City Councils are going to have to stop the Hear No Evil, See No Evil, Speak No Evil approach, else their towns are likely to go up in flames.

And individuals are going to have to be well-armed, on their toes, and willing to harshly meet violence if it turns sideways into them.

Of course, the average person, particularly most (probably nearly all) city-dwellers, isn't going to have the practical knowledge or ability to get clean water, eat when the local grocery's been looted and burned to the ground, etc. If it gets bad enough, a number of the larger cities might well experience extreme shortages. If that happens, then we'll get a glimpse of just the sort of hell the cretins want to bring upon others.

I don't think it'll come to that.

But we're close. With so many on-edge, so many willing to lash out at others. So much of the "major" media full of prissy, weak types who'll sell their mothers to get the next cretin-coddling story to print. Far too many believe they're entitled to lash out at others, and that they effectively have impunity to do so.

God help us, if people don't wake up to smell the cesspool. Time to stand firm. Time to get armed. Time to not budge one more inch, when faced with those who'd destroy what we've built.

Diesel3 likes this.
  5. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

Alot of the problem is most of these thousands hitting the streets BELIEVE the crap they are shouting.
    They believe for example that a good part of Louisville, and the homes there actually rightfully belong to them because once upon a time blacks owned those areas and sold out to wealthy white people. The word sold doesnt seem to matter.
    That slavery isnt over because somehow it was passed on to the black folks DNA. And other such things.
    That what is stolen in looting is actually a form of reparations

Yep there is a segment mixed in that are being well paid to mix in and agitate violence and spoon feed those ideas and others to who are all to willing to believe such things and act on those beliefs.

A large violent crowd that believes it is right, even if in fact it is mistaken is a hard thing to deter or stop.

G66enigma, Caveman Jim and locutus like this.
  6. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim Well-Known Member

Yep, always ready...

Diesel3 and Rifling82 like this.
  7. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

My plan to live without electricity is to just live without electricity. I have had to do it for weeks at the time after hurricanes. It is inconvenient, but not life threatening.

8. Viking

Viking Well-Known Member

Any more our shopping is called, topping off, we've been set up to run without going to town, without grid power and we're adding another 1,100 gallons to our spring feed gravity water system. And by the way, our neighbors here are well prepared to look out for each other and most are not concerned about the present shortage of ammo.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
    locutus and G66enigma like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.