Who here watches the show moonshiners?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by SSGSF, Nov 8, 2012.

1. SSGSF

SSGSF New Member

I love to watch this show.
    One thing I don't understand is making moonshine is illegal why are they advertising it on tv.

2. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

I have thought about that also. They are breaking Federal law. I expect we will have a Bank Robbers show and maybe a Murder for Hire show. It sure makes LEOs look like Keystone Cops.:)

3. SSGSF

SSGSF New Member

They will just wait. I work with a guy who knows a guy, who makes some applejack and it is good. I usually get a couple of jars around Christmas and give them as gifts.

4. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

More than likely, the moonshiners are either fake, or are doing it legally. I find it very unlikely that a TV show was able to track down moonshiners making illegal alcohol, and then was able to convince them to allow them to be filmed, and put on national television. Especially since they are not all in jail yet.

5. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Fake... If the discovery channel participated in the making and trafficking of moonshine, they would all be in prison. Even being present makes you an accessory. I read an article awhile back talking about it, they are all actors.

One thing I noticed, one of the dirty hillbilly looking guys is exceptionally well groomed, especially for a guy who wears overalls and no shirt.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't moonshine melt a milk jug?

6. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

Manufacturing is not the issue. Its the quantity, sales, and state lines.

I've consumed a ****ton of Popcorn Sutton's liquor. The rest of the guys are amateurs.

7. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I believe this is as much "reality" TV as any of those repo shows or any others.

I did like the commercial where one guy spit the moonshine into the campfire and the fire flared up huge. ROFL I love alcohol you can light on fire. :D

8. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

There are no exceptions in Federal law to allow the making of distilled spirits by individuals. This alcohol can only be legally produced by a bonded distiller. The cost to be Bonded is in the million dollar range with permits and approved equiptment. :rolleyes:

9. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

There are no exceptions in Federal law to allow the making of distilled spirits by individuals. This alcohol can only be legally produced by a bonded distiller. The cost to be Bonded is in the million dollar range with permits and approved equiptment. This is all fake. The state of Virginia has made it clear that no laws have been broken. Pop Corn Sutton comimited suicde to avoid Federal Prison on weapons and drug and alcohol charges. His widow and J&M Enterprizes marketed a white whisky under the brand "Pop Corn Sutton White Whisky in Ky. and Tenn. This of course was a Bonded approved and taxed product.:)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moonshiners_(TV_series)

10. willfully armed

You are wrong.

11. willfully armed

Nothing I consumed came from a liquor store. You don't know what you think you do.

Will the next source you cite be yahoo answers?

15 years ago, before any of you knew squat about corn whiskey, I knew who he was. I've had his white corn jugs, and the yellow corn squeezins. I know he called it LIKKER. He also did flavored brandies. His brother grew pot. Forced it to rhizome.

Find that in Wikipedia

The man is an end of an era. The end of real Americans. His story is romantic.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  12. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

My Grandfather was a well known Whisky Man in the area of Whitesburg, Ky. He and three of my uncles were taken down in Dec of 1928. Two of them was shot on the spot and one was captured later in Louisville, Ky. I can tell you many of these stories.

You do not have a patent on Back Country Legends. Back in the day any whisky man that would sell dope would likely have been shot. Any real whisky man that made a deal with the Feds would have been shot again. His body would have been buried in a tobacco patch or fed to the hogs.:eek:

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012