Who here is a secret SNS (Saturday Night Special) Owner?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by SGT-MILLER, Sep 29, 2009.

1. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

It's a secret that many keep when talking guns over at the range. For fear of being picked on, and getting various items (such as eggs, cans of squash, and cactii) thrown at you, you keep a secret that is too horrible to say......you own one (or more) of the dreaded SNS guns that are the brunt of many gun jokes.

Let the secret out here. Who owns these little "cheapo" throw away guns?

I own two of them (for shame!!!)

Attached Files:

2. divinginn

divinginn New Member

I have a cheapo Spanish revolver 22 cal. and a north American arms micro revolver in 22lr. The Spanish revolver shoots decent for a crapo gun,the Naa is a good quality gun for what it was designed for,10 feet.

3. Bigguns911

Bigguns911 New Member

Ya ok, I have a Jennings 22, but to my defense I was given to me I did not give any $'s for it. I did replace the extractor spring, pin and extractor. By the way I have seen several photos of Jennings 22's that look like the extractor has been taken off, what gives?

4. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

I have a Raven .25 that was a gift almost 25 years ago. Never failed to go bang, and never broke (but it hasn't seen the light of day in over 10 years).

5. BILLYBOB44

BILLYBOB44 New Member

Went down with the boat---------???

SGT, I did have a Jennings .22 at one time=Jennings=Jamming!! It would always work for the first shot. UNFORTUNITALY it, like ALL the rest of my firearms, went down with the House-boat, during the accident on Dale Hallow Lake--400+ feet of water==the magnet was useless=WET SNOT SOB==:(

6. Panther

Panther New Member

Here's Mine

Here's a pic of my J22. ( I don't have one by itself )
    [​IMG]

7. yazul42

yazul42 Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I have a J22 and an old Titan .25,,, use them as tackle box pistols. If they happened to get dumped in the river, I'm not out much and they can be a comfort when on an all night catfishing excursion.

Jeff

8. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

I also have a tackle box J-22, loaded with shot rounds. But I also have a US Revolver Co 32 hammerless topbreak- a REAL Saturday nite special!

9. Kain

Kain Member

Secret nothing!

I'm proud of my little Phoenix Arms 22

10. jbshoots

jbshoots New Member

yeah, i like my little cheapo plinker

here's my "throw away" (although would never actually throw it away.)

its a cx-22 made by american arms.(as you can see it's a knock off of a walther ppk in .22 lr)
    [​IMG]

11. General_lee

General_lee New Member

I have a New England 22 mag revolver that was given to me by my dad.
    I used to have a Sterling arms .25, I got rid of it because it was a jam-o-matic.

12. bearcat

bearcat New Member

I'm one of the blessed ones.I have had a little Jennings for a million years or so.Yes it is been known to jam now and then when useing cheap ammo.I'm sorry but I like my little J-22. It's a fun gun to shoot. I think I paid $65 for it new. It's no wear near the gun as my Ruger SR9 but I like it.

13. masterPsmith

masterPsmith New Member

Heck, I have several of them stored away somewhere. Some of them work fairly well. Who knows, they might be needed someday....

Jim.............

14. Panther

Panther New Member

Felt guilty for not a having a picture of my J-22 by itself. Especially since technically it is my first gun. So I took a few.
    [​IMG]

15. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Lemme get this straight, youse all have a cheapy, mal-regarded pistol of ill repute and none of you blasted SGT for his Hi-Point? I just want to get this straight so I don't have to physically brand anyone...

Seriously, I'm askin'! :mad:

16. glenthoughts

glenthoughts New Member

Lorcin .380

It shoots, but is a like a hunk of pot metal in your hand... and I am not proud of it. In fact i don't even shoot it, im afraid...:eek: since masterPsmith told me what the insides were made of...

17. WDB

WDB New Member

I don't know if they qualify as SNS I own a few I get crap for at the range. A Firestar 40 S&W. Llama minimax 45 acp and an AMT long slide AutoMag. Not the best but all fun to shoot and at least one is worth much more now than it was when it was new. All are worth more than I paid for them and none of them I would want to part with. part of the bottom drawer guns in the safe, all the same each has a history and not something you will find often.

18. bearcat

bearcat New Member

I don't know if the Firestar 40 is a sns but I like mine.I got it from my boss last year when he picked up his new gun.(siad he did not need it any more).I got the Firestar 40 S&W,2 mags,a leather pancake holster and a shoulder holster....ready for this ? $50. I laided the cash on him so fast it wasn't funny. It is a heavy gun, but for $50 I had too.

19. AsmelEduardo

AsmelEduardo New Member

I like that one... I have a Walther PP in .22lr and I love it...

20. OlPainless

OlPainless New Member

I had a Bersa Thunder.380 a while back. I guess you could consider that a Saturday night special but it was a damn fine little gun. It ate everything I fed it and never had any problems other than the finger extension breaking off the magazine, that was my own fault though, dropped it on the kitchen floor. Doh!! :rolleyes: