Who has the worst gun laws? Texas,NY or California?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by HeatSpitta510, Jul 8, 2013.

1. HeatSpitta510

HeatSpitta510 New Member

I'm from Cali but I heard Texas and NY has it worst than us.. Is that true?

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

and where did you hear that Texas has it worst than California or NY?

Texas has some very lax gun laws, such as CC, the Castle Law, no waiting periods, private party sales of firearms without going through an FFL on any type of legal firearm, and so on. there is also in legislation now, of trying to legalize open carry. we even have schools that are allowing teachers and adminstrators with CC permits to carry in school.

who ever told you that doesn't know much about Texas.

3. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

What possessed you to lump Texas in with CA and NY?

Its worse in NY these days. Texas is one of the best states for the Second Amendment.

4. HeatSpitta510

HeatSpitta510 New Member

That's why I asked.. I was in a FB gun forum and I was talking about how ****ty California gun laws are and someone said "it could be worse..like Texas and NY" .. And I thought to myself ..really? Texas? I can't see Texas being worse so that's why I asked

5. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

I once was watching 'Cops' and they were running through back yards in Fort worth. A very old woman looking like she was in her upper 80's was shooting off her back porch at somebody running through her yard at night. The tall city buildings there were visible in the background, and before the police left, one of the officers asked her if she need him to help her reload the revolver for her before he left! In Calif or NY or Mass. she probably would have been arrested.

6. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

Even liberals troll gun forums. ;)

I'm just sayin'

7. HeatSpitta510

HeatSpitta510 New Member

Our gun laws in Cali are stupid and pointless..I know this,the person who said Texas had it worse than us must not know anything about Texas

8. Axxe55

there are other states that are better than Texas, but all in all, Texas is quite gun friendly. my mother lives in Southern California, and has tried several times to get me to move there. i love my mother, but it ain't happening. i have too many firearms that wouldn't be legal in California and i don't see it ever getting any better in regards to gun owners there.

9. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I'll tell you what Axxe, y'all can swing by my place and drop off the guns that are illegal in CA and head to your mothers. What kind of son are you anyhow?

10. HeatSpitta510

HeatSpitta510 New Member

Well the guy in the other forum clarified himself and what he meant was the court system when it comes to catching a gun case they don't mess around in Texas ...LOL makes sense now

11. Axxe55

the kind of son who would rather his mother move to Texas! but, there lies a problem, my mother is somewhat liberal in her thinking. because she is my mother and that i do love her, and out of respect for her, i refuse to discuss politics or my beliefs with her.

12. Axxe55

please clarify for us, what he was refering to. catching a gun case?

13. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

Tell her to move to Austin, and she will think she is in San Francisco 'East'. :)

14. Axxe55

my mother and father lived in Austin in the early 1960's when my father was stationed there in the Air Force and my younger brother was born in Austin.

my mother will probably never set foot outside of California!

15. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

My mom is 82 years old and lives in Santa Cruz (near me) with my brother. She is also a lifelong Democrat liberal, but I have had an effect on her. She voted for Gary Johnson in the last election (she voted Obama the first time around) and she has been pestering me to take her shooting for the first time in her life. I would not have been able to have that effect on her if she lived in another state!

My offer still stands...

16. HeatSpitta510

HeatSpitta510 New Member

...meaning any crime committed involving a gun...

17. Axxe55

well Spitta, we have the death penalty in Texas, and we use it!

18. HeatSpitta510

HeatSpitta510 New Member

I believe it....axxe55

19. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

Comifornia sticks you just as hard as N.Y, were both getting bent by the man. I'm considering moving just because of the gun laws. These idiots here in Cali want to have people even register things that resemble weapons like BB guns and airsoft. WTF is wrong with this state. And now a $50 permit to buy ammo!

20. GlockRenegade

GlockRenegade New Member

Texas is better than Cali in everything... just saying lol