Who else carries at church?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by spittinfire, Jan 15, 2010.

1. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I carry where ever I legally can which includes church but my wife has recently complained about me carrying in church. She says I don't need to carry there, that it is safe.
    I look at it this way....if I wanted to rob people where better then a church? They carry cash to give or maybe go out to eat after, they are wearing their best clothing, jewlery, watches, etc..... and most of them are completly in the dark about protecting themselves. I carry in church for those reasons as well as to be able to protect myself, my wife and those around me. Am I alone?

2. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

Hey Spitty,

Remind your wife that almost all of the current terrorist of the day are Muslim extremist that believe all Christians are infidels and are on a jihad to wipe them out. It is only a matter of time, IMO, before they start to target Christian houses of worship even in the United States.

3. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Me.

* raising hand boldly *

Can you say random? Or Murphy's law?

Better to have it and never use it than to not have it and REALLY need it!

4. orangello

orangello New Member

I don't attend services.

I think you should carry in church. Remember that preacher who got shot last year in IL? He got shot in the church, at the pulpit, through his Bible. I seem to recall an even worse event in the recent past involving a shooter at a church. Besides, you are already wearing a jacket; concealment should be a breeze.

5. General_lee

General_lee New Member

Amen, brother!

6. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

About ten years ago, a man went into a Fort Worth church at a Wednesday night service and killed seven people. Churches are FAR from immune, right Spitty?

7. spittinfire

You are correct. I believe strongly that carrying in church is a good idea.

8. Marble

Marble New Member

Recently in North Carolina some P.O.S. kidnapped 2 ladies from church. (They were working as volunteers). He drove them around the ATM and took there jewelry....

Not that long ago somebody with a grudge against a church walked in and started shooting. It even happened to an Amish (or possibly Quaker) church not too long ago....

And those are just american dirt bags. The people that call us 'infidels' might attack our churches one day.

My CCW class starts in Feb, so for now I don't. Put me down for "want to". :D

9. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

You guys have really opened my eyes to the fact that I should be carrying in church as a PRIORITY and I never even realized it. You're absolutely right. So when my wife drags my a$$ to church, I'll be packing.

10. lukeisme

lukeisme New Member

I think we all should carry no matter where we are. The worlds getting to crazy to feel secure anywhere!!!

11. Lowrider

Lowrider New Member

It is NOT legal to carry in church in Missouri, but I do each and every Sunday. LCP .380 in the pocket. No chance of detection.

12. spittinfire

I'm asking about church and only church.

13. jimbobpissypants

jimbobpissypants New Member

This happened about thirty miles east of me. It was actually an amish school. Which is pretty the same in the amish community. The nutsack walked in, and shot seven (not sure) kids in the head. Lined them up execution style. Killed several, several others brain dead/ disabled. The guy was the driver of the milk truck. I think we should carry everywhere outside of our homes. If I frequented church, I would certainly carry.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  14. Lindenwood

Lindenwood New Member

I would recommend it. I carry everywhere, and thats my full-sized '92! Hell, most of the time I stuff it in the belt just to take out the dog (live in an apartment), heh.

We carry guns for the same reason we carry seatbelts. I'd bet most of us have no been involved in potentially life-threatening wrecks, and probably most of those we know haven't. But we know those wrecks DO happen, so we buckle up to protect ourselves from that. I have never been mugged or held at gunpoint or anything like that. But I know that stuff DOES happen, including at church, so I carry to protect myself from that as well!

15. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

i carry every i go and into every building im legally allowed too.

16. Marble

Marble New Member

I was a little fuzzy on the details, I just remember thinking "Why in the world would anybody have anything against those people?". It just makes absolutely no since to me. It's scary to think of "deranged" people killing good people for no reason especially at a school or church.

17. Scott3670

Scott3670 New Member

Greetings. I just joined literally ten minutes ago.

I too carry everywhere that I am legally able to do so. I guess I fall under the mindset that the poop can hit the fan anywhere, even in church.

18. spittinfire

I grew up a few miles down the road from where that happen.

19. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

I remember that. It was in White Settlement (north Ft. Worth). They were teens that got killed.

I don't go anywhere without packing. All it takes is being at the wrong place at the wrong time, and the SHTF...

20. treehugger49

treehugger49 New Member

Current law in Georgia expressly prohibits carrying in churches under the ridiculous "public gathering" statutes...Our legislature is currently in session, and, hopefully, we will see some changes in this and other useless prohibitions (like school "safety zones") before the session ends.