Who do you think you are

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Davyboy, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Recently found out I am decended from the (black Irish). Turns out I am a direct decendant of a survivor of the Spanish Armada circa 1588 who was imprisoned in Ireland for 11 years and later settled there. Wondered where the jet black hair came from "before it went grey"

Whats your story.

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I have been erased. I am not really here. In fact, I am really not anywhere.

3. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

German, Swedish, Welsh, Scottish and believe it or not...Blackfoot Indian.

Direct descendant of Sam Adams. The firey statesman, not the beer.

4. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

German on both sides. Both sets of great-grandparents came over on a boat from Wolfsburg, Germany.

I am related to Benedict Arnold and Count Ferdinand von Zeppelin. I think that's why I like Led Zeppelin so much.

And my father was the man who found Smokey Bear on a fire in New Mexico in 1950.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  5. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

You think therefore you are.

6. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

I have a dark family history, probably for my best interest. The family "claims" we are "German". :rolleyes: The only people left who know why we are "German" are my father and my great aunt. I'll know someday (I hope). All I know is somewhere in history, my family's last name changed from a CLEARLY Italian name, to a CLEARLY German name.

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

This question violates any agreement I may, or may not, have entered with the Federal Marshall Service.

JD

8. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Its a known fact the more diverse the gene pool the more intelligent the person

9. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

What a blatant suckup.

10. fireguy

fireguy New Member

I have a great or great great can't remember how far down the line Uncle who rode with the Rough Riders and Teddy Roosevelt! Lots of German in me.
    I think that is why every spring I face my tanks to the east and think of conquest.

11. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Father - German/Irish, Mother - Italian. I'm married to a Sicilian woman. Please save me. :eek:

12. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

This does not apply to alcohol induced senality:D

13. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

We have traced one section of my family back to the old country. They came over and were living in NYC which at the time was nothing more than some mud huts and what not. One brother lost his wife to an indian raid. They then ended up down in VA. They were in a land dispute with Prince William. This was all about the time of the revolutionary war.

14. AusLach

AusLach New Member

Paternal grandparents were both German, my maternal grandmother is Irish and my maternal grandfather comes from a long line of convicts :eek:

Probably why even at 83 he still has that mischievous glint in his eye :D

15. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I'm an American caucasian male. Who I am is not up to who or where I came from.

16. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

My grandpa told me the German soldiers were some of the best fighting men in the world during world war 2 but the officers were sh*t. Maybe thats where your shooting prowness comes in ;)

17. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Give that man a coconut. That is what matters. It is however nice to know where we came from.

18. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

You will never be in charge but always HAPPY

19. Hawg

Hawg New Member

My first ancestor to this country came here in 1636 with a grant of 550 acres in Va. It is believed he was the son of William of Careby, a member of Parliament, who sided against King Charles I and was indicted for treason in 1643.

20. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Check this out.

Horne Family of Careby, Lincolnshire, England, UK