Who Carries At Home

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Trunk Monkey, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

Thank you.

2. Nmwabbit

Nmwabbit Active Member

do you freefall and other readers like unmitigated bs and myths presented w/o any objective anything supporting the nonsense, or reading vague, ill-define incomprehensible terms, e.g., almost, many, nearly everyone, etc., or information from: "well i knew/heard/read in newsblog/social media/was told by a friend/LE/someone in the know presented" as truly gospel to perpetuate the bs/myths thus exacerbating the untruths to current/future carriers/firearm owners?

it isn't my fault some believe their own nonsense and they themselves lack critical thinking skills to sift the wheat from the chaff if you will.

nor is it my fault some get defensive when their bs is challenged by just asking for a cite or, darn even a newspek link - no not ammoland hype - and then they resort to childish playground name calling...that freefall should worry you cuz they know they got caught and were posting bs/myth nonsense!

stirring up crap freefall - no you were judging

and that is nmwabbit thanks, as we haven't personally met and shared smiles and conversations now have we ?

3. Nmwabbit

Nmwabbit Active Member

freefall, as just previously mentioned...member unequivocally states i would be in violation of a Colorado statute...w/o providing a source reference...

well CRSB18.3.206 states, quote:
    (1) A person commits the crime of menacing if, by any threat or physical action, he or she knowingly places or attempts to place another person in fear of imminent serious bodily injury.  Menacing is a class 3 misdemeanor, but, it is a class 5 felony if committed:

(a) By the use of a deadly weapon or any article used or fashioned in a manner to cause a person to reasonably believe that the article is a deadly weapon;  or

(b) By the person representing verbally or otherwise that he or she is armed with a deadly weapon. unquote
    https://codes.findlaw.com/co/title-18-criminal-code/co-rev-st-sect-18-3-206.html

all by turning on my front light while simultaneously opening my front door with a handgun in hand pointing out the door center mass...saying whatcha want..
    sounds about right...
    i am sure the individual who was knocking will press 209 charges against me to the LE who arrived and who i am sure will be asked by said LE filling out the charge report
    1. whatcha doing knock'g during the period of darkness
    2. whatcha doing behind the closed fence a knock'g
    3. whatcha doing behind the closed fence with the reflective "no trespassing" sign on the gate you had to go through to get to the door
    4. whatcha doing with 'burglary tools' and the big crowbar?
    5. got any id so i can check your status...sir?

ya...i'll get arrested trunk monkey...lol sure i will...roflmao that you truly and sincerely believe your own rhetoric...oh gotta quit laughing so hard.

that freefall just irritated the member who slung the bs nonsense as gospel when in fact, taken in context shows how egregious their posting was. while the member won't post childish name calling, i'm sure they want to...

4. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

So I'm judging the answer is "yes"

5. TelstaR

TelstaR Active Member

I sort of get a kick out of it. Its always interesting to see people line up to simply offer a vehement NU-UH ( and not much else) to darn near everything they personally disagree with.

So now Mas cant even get a nod? I may not agree with everything the man says but he is certainly a squared away individual. I have not watched the vid but if he say's "don't open the door", I agree. Its as simple as honestly weighing the pros and cons without mixing a bunch of bravado and other "feelings" into the mix.

If a person has run this scenario over and over in force on force training, its rather easy to understand.

6. TelstaR

TelstaR Active Member

ok I watched the vid.. it was short enough. I tend to agree with the spirit of what he is saying. I don't really care for all the question and answer jazz( sir! blah blah) but he does follow the basic edicts of personal protection/safety. Its all 101 stuff

7. Trunk Monkey

Trunk Monkey Well-Known Member

I think he's trying to add content to the video and clarify exactly what he's doing

8. TelstaR

TelstaR Active Member

I don't mean his narration, I mean talking to the some guy on the other side of the door. Its no big deal, I just don't care for it, not a fan of it and probably would not enter into a back and forth conversation with them. Anything I say to them or ask them would likely be exceptionally brief.

9. Trunk Monkey

Trunk Monkey Well-Known Member

I meant talking to the guy on the other side of the door. I think he was deliberately overemphasizing what he was doing for clarity.

I wouldn't do it either. I'd ask who it is and unless you're known or expected I'd say "Not interested." If you knocked again you'd get "Go away or I'm calling the cops" and that would be it.

TelstaR likes this.
  10. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

11. Merlin40

Merlin40 Member

LOL. Wasn't talking about "that weapon." PPQ 45 works for me. It's my "bathroom gun" I carry a CZ P10c around the house, and have my AR and 20 gauge pump next to my bed.

schnuffleupagus likes this.
  12. Kenneth V Horton

Kenneth V Horton New Member

13. Kenneth V Horton

Kenneth V Horton New Member

I have starting to carry at home when doing yard work due to a near bad encounter with a roaming male pit bull. He charged me and I got behind the running lawn mower. Lucky he stopped just short, but it could have bee bad for me. Carry all the time since then, especially when I walk one the walking track near my house.

schnuffleupagus likes this.