Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Executive Orders Already InThe Works...
......."All our Executive Orders---we are very careful to make sure that they're constitutional and they're legal."....
..."Richmond told CNN "Our Team...will look at all the options and put all the options on the table for the President to decide where hewants to go..

·
Registered
461 Posts
None of this is surprising and I'm only surprised it's taken this long. The gun control coming at us is going to be terrible, awful, rotten, and totally UnConstitutional.

The left is destroying the nation and sadly the people on the right we put in power in the legislature and courts very uncourageously and traitorously did not stop it when they had the chance and authority. Cowards and traitors. And we are watching the most corrupt and inept administration in modern times gut and destroy the nation and our rights, values, culture, manufacturing and energy sectors, and compromise our safety in all regards domestically and globally. We are probably closer to nuclear war than anytime since the 1980s.

Dark days are ahead.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Maybe he could issue an executive order telling the ATF to investigate and prosecute people who lied about using drugs when they filled out their 4473? For instance, some guy named Hunter who said he didn't use drugs when he filled his out in 2018 yet was kicked out of the Navy a few years earlier for his little cocaine problem and has since had video appear from his misplaced laptop showing rampant drug use during this time frame. Seems like a good place to start to me.

·
Premium Member
11,344 Posts
Maybe he could issue an executive order telling the ATF to investigate and prosecute people who lied about using drugs when they filled out their 4473? For instance, some guy named Hunter who said he didn't use drugs when he filled his out in 2018 yet was kicked out of the Navy a few years earlier for his little cocaine problem and has since had video appear from his misplaced laptop showing rampant drug use during this time frame. Seems like a good place to start to me.
The problem with that is how the question is worded.

There are millions who used and recovered, that ask about the question, and how it applies to them. See it on here fairly often. And there was a point when I wouldn't have been legal to buy, myself, because yes, I was using weed regularly. And I would freely admit it, as it worked better than the prescribed options, at the time, early to mid 90s.

How big of a can of worms would that open, and how many would be investigated, as a result, with little to no proof? Sure, if there is proof, that's one thing, but what would be required for proof enough to change somone with a criminal act? Would a post here be enough, losing a job on a maybe? Or would evidence of a positive drug test, dated and witnessed by what was needed?.

Depending on how it was done, half of this forum would be up on federal charges, from the form, as well as distibutution, if we passed that bowl to a friend.

Not saying I'm against the idea you brought up, just saying be careful what you wish for, because sometimes you get it.

·
Premium Member
3,808 Posts
From the article:

The White House is absolutely working on creating Executive Orders to get the job done. Susan Rice (of Libya and Syria war fame) White House Domestic Policy Council Director, and Cedric Richmond, Office of Public Engagement Director, are already tasked with creating the text and direction of those orders.

“All of our executive orders — we’re very careful to make sure that they’re constitutional and they’re legal,” Richmond told CNN.
Director of Public Engagement, eh? More like Director of BOR Defilement.

Pure and simple, a "constitutional and legal" infringement is not possible where infringement is flatly disallowed.

They need to review the BOR's explicit purpose again. (Which they won't.) They should cast the same insanity in terms of the right to legal counsel and a public jury trial (which they'd never do). They need to stop relying on the mere fact that "they" have gotten away with such destruction and thievery of rights for the better part of a century, and instead seek the actual authorization for doing any such thing. (Again, which they won't, the power-mongering and -gathering being what it is.)

Am not surprised they're coming for the RKBA. They swore they would. Made it a part of their formal platform, during the campaign.

Robbers. Armed robbers, to boot. Who won't dare do it themselves; they'll hire armed mercenaries to implement it of course.

Indeed: time to unleash the lawyers. But then, we knew this. We knew what "stripes" these robbers would wear when they began to come for what's ours.

·
Registered
558 Posts
He should be ordering the dismantling of nics . Then there would be no infringing form to fill out.

ATF lost their case in the 6th circuit on bump stocks.

I see alot od swinging and striking out by Stumblin Joe on gun control in the near future

·
Premium Member
12,635 Posts
I am fine with the ATF investigating people who failed the background checks. If they lied on the form then, in the favorite theme of the right, "Lock him up."

·
Premium Member
12,635 Posts
Do you have knowledge that the individual is still using drugs? The form doesn't ask, "have you ever?" But, since you bring it up, maybe the question should ask about present or former drug or alcohol use.

Reactions: Maineiak

·
Premium Member
3,808 Posts
He should be ordering the dismantling of nics . Then there would be no infringing form to fill out.
I, too, wish they'd erase all of that. I believe the mere fact it impedes ownership and possession, and costs the innocent, makes it unconstitutional on the face of it.

However, that being said, the 4A does authorize "reasonable" searches. So its erasure is probably unlikely. At least, so long as they constrain their intrusion into the "search" aspect alone and, if it can be said, keep it "reasonable." (Though, if their search gets a "hit," then it's denial of exercise of the liberty, so ...)

·
Premium Member
7,764 Posts
The problem is the 'purge' going on, and has been for along time, to eliminate those LEO's who believe in the Constitution and the oath they took and replace them with the 'go along to get along' LEO's. And now they are in the process of doing the same with the military! :mad: If that happens we will be repeating history, can you say Germany in the late 1930's???:(

·
Premium Member
3,808 Posts
It is getting concerning, Jim. On any number of levels, the power-mongering types are gathering more and more and more power unto themselves. At some point, the issuing of unconscionable edicts won't be all that hard to do. If the military turns into a supportive junta and the courts keep becoming more rubber-stamp than they are now, it's not hard to see where it'll all lead.

And with so-called "cancel" culture in full flood ...

In short: the checks and balances are being destroyed at every turn.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I, too, wish they'd erase all of that. I believe the mere fact it impedes ownership and possession, and costs the innocent, makes it unconstitutional on the face of it.

However, that being said, the 4A does authorize "reasonable" searches. So its erasure is probably unlikely. At least, so long as they constrain their intrusion into the "search" aspect alone and, if it can be said, keep it "reasonable." (Though, if their search gets a "hit," then it's denial of exercise of the liberty, so ...)
True enough about using 4A as a excuse.
But constitutionally it doesnt fly.

The 2A,states the RTKABA shall not be infringed. Infringed then and now is defined the same. Limit or interfere with. Doesnt say unless your an unsavory person. Or a felon, or a drunk. It does not allow for the creation of prohibited classes
We cooked all that up out of thin air inbthe 30s and 60s
Background checks , forms, all of it , is illegal per the COTUS and should be, hopefully much of it will be struck down while Biden and buddies create opportunities for challages to the SCOTUS are made.

·
Premium Member
3,808 Posts
True enough about using 4A as a excuse.
But constitutionally it doesnt fly.
I believe it doesn't. But then, I'm not a constitutional lawyer nor (in the strictest sense) a constitutional scholar.

The whole point and purpose of the BOR is to take things off the table from fiddling, disallowing abuse of rights to the point they're effectively treated as privileges doled out to the "connected" based on the whim of the temporary staff.

No matter what the 4A says, the 2A should remove it from the table. Certainly, with respect to the cast-a-wide-net aspect in regards the average person who's not the specific target of an investigation for cause duly supported by warrants.

With the obvious exception of investigations targeting a given person for cause, as part of the warrants/arrest process, or temporarily as part of a traffic/investigative stop.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I am fine with the ATF investigating people who failed the background checks. If they lied on the form then, in the favorite theme of the right, "Lock him up."
There should be no " form " . Hopefully with gun regs getting trashed on state levels and the bumpstock ban struck down by the 6th circuit.
And a conservative SCOTUS obviuosly just waiting for the right case to come along that it can deal a death blow to most of the traitorous stupidity, Shotgun Joes 4 stolen years will go down in history as the administration in power when most gun regulation was struck down.

·
Premium Member
3,808 Posts
And a conservative SCOTUS obviuosly just waiting for the right case to come along that it can deal a death blow to most of the traitorous stupidity ...
The last "big" case, so far as I can recall, was Peruta v. California, back in June of 2017. Which SCOTUS declined to hear. At that time, though, Gorsuch had only been on the Court for two months, and Kavanaugh and Barrett had yet to become Justices.

I'm sure GOA and SAF are comparing "notes" as to which suitable case would be intelligent enough and of the right timing to bring before SCOTUS. I would think the grossly arbitrary Peruta (or a similar such) case would be a slam-dunk. And I would think the whole might-never-issue stance of the permissions schemes, too, could be a perfect choice for slaying (effectively backing them all down to shall issue).

And I'm sure this BOR-hating Administration will fight it tooth and nail.

Time will tell.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
The Biden administration agenda, courtesy of Sal Alinsky:

1) Healthcare – Control healthcare and you control the people.
2) Poverty – Increase the poverty level as high as possible; poor people are easier to control and will not fight back if you are providing everything for them to live.
3) Debt – Increase the debt to an unsustainable level. That way you are able to increase taxes and this will produce more poverty.
4) Gun control – Remove people’s ability to defend themselves from the government. That way you are able to create a police state.
5) Welfare – Take control of every aspect of people’s lives (food, housing and income).
6) Education – Take control of what people read and listen to; take control of what children learn in school.
7) Religion – Remove the belief in God from the government and schools.
8) Class warfare – Divide the people into the wealthy and the poor. This will cause more discontent and it will be easier to take from (tax) the wealthy with the support of the poor.

Remember that Obama started this.

·
Registered
535 Posts
The Biden administration agenda, courtesy of Sal Alinsky:

1) Healthcare – Control healthcare and you control the people.
2) Poverty – Increase the poverty level as high as possible; poor people are easier to control and will not fight back if you are providing everything for them to live.
3) Debt – Increase the debt to an unsustainable level. That way you are able to increase taxes and this will produce more poverty.
4) Gun control – Remove people’s ability to defend themselves from the government. That way you are able to create a police state.
5) Welfare – Take control of every aspect of people’s lives (food, housing and income).
6) Education – Take control of what people read and listen to; take control of what children learn in school.
7) Religion – Remove the belief in God from the government and schools.
8) Class warfare – Divide the people into the wealthy and the poor. This will cause more discontent and it will be easier to take from (tax) the wealthy with the support of the poor.

Remember that Obama started this.
You are believing all the weird conspiracy crap, that will drive you crazy, and in the mean time, our great nation will keep plugging along:)

1 - 20 of 77 Posts