White Castle

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by CA357, Nov 1, 2010.

1. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

The Philly cheesesteak thread got me thing about all the East Coast food that I miss being in the former Golden State.

BTW, the frozen White Castle burgers I can buy at the grocery store are a mere shadow of the greasy joy and aroma of a real five holed, onion slathered, steam bunned thing of beauty.

Are there any White Castle fans here?

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

No. Tried them in Indy when I was there and was not impressed. Was pretty much convinced there is a reason there is no White Castle in the "high rent" sections. :rolleyes:

Harold and Kumar are over there though ---------->

:D:D

JD

3. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

All I've ever had are the frozen ones.....and I LOVE 'em, so I can only imagine what the fresh must be like.

Now Krystal I've had many times in Florida and I've been told they're the exact same thing....?

4. Biohazard2

Biohazard2 Active Member

I've had the "Sliders" many times and love'em.
    There are 2 spots within 15 miles of here.
    I just enjoyed a "Sack" of them a week ago.

5. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

White Castle is on every corner in st.louis, you love-em or you hate-em...I LOVE-EM

6. Highpower

Highpower New Member

Yup! A Saint Louis staple. Nothing better at 3AM when they're fresh off the hot steaming grill. :D

LONGHAIR: Do you by chance remember the John Ulett rendition of "Nights at White Castle"? ;)

7. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Yes but I would be giving my age away...O K I'm 46...I alway's go to the White Castle's on hwy 21 & lindbergh...K-SHE/95 real rock radio

8. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

I miss them too, not enough to back to New York, but yea I miss them too.

The frozen ones are not the same.

9. amoroque

amoroque New Member

Oh man, I love White Castle, my grandparents lived in Arnold (past away now)but I always used to look forward to going out there and haveing some White Castle.

10. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

That's where I live between arnold and fenton. Arnold has it's own White Castle's now...

11. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I gotta say the only time I actually want to eat a WC burger is when I feel the need to cleanse. :eek: I haven't been able to hold one down and digest it since high school. :(

12. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

TMI dog, TMI. :eek:

13. amoroque

amoroque New Member

Oh really??

Nice! My folks live in Eldon now. But My Mom was raised in Imperial and My dad was raised in Arnold.

Is it still Fox Highschool?

14. Walley

Walley New Member

/

I would kill to get some real hot off the grill stomach bombs. Before we moved up here they built a new White Castle near us and there were none within thirty miles of us. I was really excited going into the new store as where we lived before there were several within a few miles of us and we got sliders at least once a week. I was never so disappointed when I found that what they were selling were microwaved frozen imitations of the real thing. No delicious odor of frying onions. I don’t know if all the new stores are the same way but every time we get back to the Chicago area one of the first places we hit is a real old fashion White Castle.

There is no fast food on earth half as good as a slider.

15. canebrake

canebrake New Member

16. kenhesr

kenhesr New Member

OH Man! I knew there had to be another world class gourmet on this forum!

You are absolutely correct about the frozen ones. Unfortunately the closest real ones are 5 hours away, St Louis or Chicago area.

The burgers are great and the fish sandwiches w/cheese are super too. Can I get a big bag of curley fries with those?? 2 bites and you're ready for another one, mmmmmm!

17. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Is six of those babies the standard load? Cuz I do four of the frozen ones for lunch. I want to be politically astute.

18. Walley

Walley New Member

/

When I was coming up if you couldn't eat ten there was something the matter with you.

19. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 New Member

I'd be willing to try the 'fresh' ones - the frozen 'pucks in a biscuit' from the grocery store suck. Nuke 'em in the m-wave, and one side is crispy while the centers are still cold...... The meat reminds me of what we had in the Navy - "Mystery Meat". :D

But once in a while, when the moon is just right, I do get a weird craving for them....... :rolleyes:

20. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Clean you out

They will clean you out,and make the covers float. Fox highschool is still there,the last time I drove by anyway. There football team is pretty good this year...