Which Would You Prefer?

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by HockaLouis, Aug 4, 2012.

What would YOU go with?

Poll closed Sep 15, 2012.
  1. Neither: I only acknowledge classic sporting arms w/decent wood as they are out-of-the-box.

25.0%
  2. The top folder: it is a good balance between size and usefulness -- it'd work out just fine for me.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. The fixed stock: full SpeedFeed +4 stock and PolyChoke make it so practical and eminently tactical.

75.0%
  4. Neither: there is more room left on that arm that the mall sells plastic stuff to fill!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

I had to get rid of the Choate Tool Corp. top-folding stock on this one. I needed a short arm for convenience but pistol-grip-only is hardly ever the best solution. However, the darned Choate, while pretty well made, was uncomfortable to me: heavy, off-balance, maybe too long, and you can't get a real sight-picture w/the stock folded nor a cheek weld w/the stock deployed. Yeah, it starts compact, has some heft, and looks really cool (OK, I said it); and when I have a room-de-la-guns maybe I'll put it back on a 500 and hang it for show, butt (he hee) till then...

What do YOU think?

PS: don't make fun of my Mag-Lite please. It has an LED bulb ya know...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
  2. Badshot320

Badshot320 New Member

I have the speedfeed stock on my 870 slug gun, give it a squirt of RemOil inside the shellholders now and then and it works great.

Badshot

3. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Keep in mind ... the full buttstock makes a great clubbing implement ;)

4. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Helpful suggestion, if I may:
    wipe on a little silicon -- a bottle from the mason or some electrical contact spray will last a lifetime, but don't put any petroleum oil anywhere near where primers will be (i.e. mags, mag tubes, shell holders...).

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

the stock with the shellholders would be my pick its whats on my mossy 590A1. i keep slugs in the stock.

6. Badshot320

Badshot320 New Member

My speedfeed stock sees wet weather, the springs behind the plastic cup WILL rust and gum up. Obviously I oil them with the ammo removed and clean up any over spray. Didnt think I had to hold anyones hand here, but yes I see your point and should of been more specific.

Badshot

7. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

Keep the Speed Feed. Better functionality to it.