Which would you pick to carry?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by ScottA, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Kahr

17 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. S&W J Frame

27 vote(s)
    39.7%
  3. Ruger LCR

22 vote(s)
    32.4%
  4. Ruger LCP

10 vote(s)
    14.7%
  5. Springfield EMP

18 vote(s)
    26.5%
  6. Walther PPS

11 vote(s)
    16.2%
  7. Taurus 709 Slim

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  8. Walther PPK

14 vote(s)
    20.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

So which of these would you pick to carry for CCW? You can assume which ever caliber you prefer for those appropriate.

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

The Ruger Elsie Ahrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010

3. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Given the list, Kahr in 40 SW.

4. Ruzai

Ruzai New Member

EMP9 loaded with Hornady Critical Defense 9mm. I'd take it over the 709.
    S&W J-frame because they're easy back up guns.

5. doctherock

doctherock New Member

springfield in .40, if its offered.

6. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

The Springer EMP is a great carry weapon. It's a no brainer for me.

7. NGIB

NGIB New Member

You need to give a lot more info for any of us to really provide any good advice. What's your skill level with handguns? What's your budget? What method will you be using to carry, IWB, OWB, or pocket? What's your normal manner of dress - jeans or slacks, shirt tucked or untucked?

I've carried a bunch on your list and many of them are decent choices. I'd shy away from the Taurus as it has lots of reported problems. My main carry is also on your list and while it works for me it may not for you. Provide more info and we can provide better recommendations...

8. ScottA

Your response is based upon your assumptions of the list provided.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  9. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Oh wow..I was looking at it as a what would I carry out of the list. Your statement changes everything NGIB! I bow to your insight :) I should have known better. I really am coming to dislike the what should I buy threads as it will be a "Well I got brand X and it's great. So you should get one". Or the even worse here's a list of guns I've sen at local shops what should I get? Then you say something to the effect "Well, Brand Q might be one to shy away from and here's why". Only to get barraged by posts showing you have to be wrong.:rolleyes:

It's like this...If you are new to shooting...Get to a range that rents. Find friends that have a few different weapons. Do whatever just to get your hands on as many different type weapons as you can. Al the while do your research. Google is great! So is AllTheWeb. Mamma is a pretty good search too. Look for reviews NOT WRITTEN FOR GUN RAGS. They get paid for what might be more of a multi page ad than an opinion. T His forum has a crap-load of reviews and range reports by people that own the weapons being written about. There are other forums too. Some better than others. But you look long enough, you can get real opinions on a weapon. Taking that knowledge with the looking for the right fit for your hands as well as the what you want the weapon for actually you will find what you are looking for.:)

I'm not slamming the OP or any replies here. It just seems that there is an ever growing list of threads just like this and with a little work maybe the answers being sought after will be answered without the question being asked.....again

10. General_lee

General_lee New Member

Walther PPK....just cause I'm a Bond fan:D

11. jackg

jackg New Member

Walther PPK/S .380 with Hornady Critical Defense ammo. Carried in a Don Hume PCCH or a Cross Breed mini tuck.

12. NGIB

NGIB New Member

So what exactly is the point of this poll? Forgive me but I already know what I carry - what info are you tryng to collect?

13. ScottA

What is the general acceptance of several CCW choices.

14. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

LCR :cool: I don't leave home without it... Well I have recently now that I have a supertuck for my kimber.. But I have a supertuck coming for the LCR :D

15. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

In that case, I pick none of the above....

16. NGIB

NGIB New Member

I think I'll go with JD on this choice...

17. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Good grief. If you don't like the poll or the question you can always move on.

:rolleyes:

18. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

I have to choose Elsie Pee from that group. It weighs about as much as a pack of Double Mint gum, and you just keep pulling the trigger if you have an FTF.

19. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Elsie Arrrr with an Elsie Pea in the pocket.:D