Which would you guys prefer??

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by ballistix45, Mar 6, 2012.

1. ballistix45

ballistix45 New Member

Glock 19 gen 4 or glock 23 gen 4???

2. oats

oats New Member

Either of the two. Which ever one you shoot better/ more comfortable with.

3. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Neither.
    While the Glock is a decent handgun, there are others I prefer.

4. mudpupp

mudpupp New Member

Whichever costs the least. Don't want to send anymore money overseas than we have too!

5. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

If a Glock is your cup of tea then either will work for you. If it was me I'd go a whole different way. But there is no denying that a Glock will work. Put them both in your hand and see which gives you that lovin' feeling.

6. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

I'm a huge fan of the G19. Practice ammo is cheap and easy to find just about anywhere. Get some good defensive loads and you've got a great self defense weapon.

7. pioneer461

pioneer461 New Member

8. JonM

JonM Moderator

Neither. Springfield xdm is my choice. Way better ergonomics than glock and its got a real nice grip safety. Less likely to glock leg yourself

9. getem2011

getem2011 New Member

10. SDK73

SDK73 New Member

+1 also for the XDm 3.8 9mm

11. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Glock - one & 1/2
    XD - 5 counting me :)

12. okdonk

okdonk New Member

I got the 19 and will be getting the 23 in the future. If i were you, get the 23 and you can swap with the 19 conversion barrel. For sure, 0.40 ammo costs more than the 9mm

13. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

Why say anything if you can't offer up advice to the question posted by the OP? The OP asked for advice between a G19 or G23....not for everyone's thoughts of another brand vs Glock.

14. JonM

JonM Moderator

because sometimes people take advice from the guy at the gun counter at bass proshops or a best buddy who is a brand snob or they saw it in a gunrag or any number of things and maybe havent really considered other options.

15. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23 New Member

Correct me if im wrong

I think he said GLOCK 19 OR GLOCK 23:p My first Glock was the 23 and its very nice! I cant be biased like some others, I like firearms so, i cant just not like a certain brand just for the sake of hatin. I love Glocks but i like others too. I plan on getting a XDM 3.8 .45 here soon.

16. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Gee Golly Wizz -
    First time that sorta thing ever happened :rolleyes:
    Why bitch about it? - You're taking up as much wasted space as those getting OT :confused:
    Get over it Grunt 'N Semper Fi ---------

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  17. Broke124

Broke124 New Member

23...more options with that one..357 Sig barrel and a 9mm barrel with a few mags and you've got 3 guns in one! Glock makes a great gun. Super reliable and proven. Don't listen to the downers. Go get it...

"...rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." /G\

18. oats

oats New Member

Thats true. I have a G32 and 19. While the 19 is only and can only be a 9mm. The 32 is a .357 sig and i have a .40 and 9mm barrels. 3 different calibers on the cheap.

19. GY6

GY6 New Member

I would definitely take the Glock 23.
    Reasons:
    1: its a 40 cal compared to a smaller 9mm round
    2: it is only a 2 round mag capacity difference compared to the Glock 19
    3: all the lengths and measurements are the same as the Glock 19, so it feels the same to carry
    4: Weight difference is very minimal Glock 23= 31.03oz.(Fully Loaded)... Glock 19=29.98oz.(Fully Loaded) (small weight difference, but large gain in bullet size)

So all in all...you are not losing anything by going with the Glock 23. except 2round mag capacity and about 1oz of overall weight. BUT YOU GAIN A MUCH BETTER ROUND. 40s&w is a much better MAN STOPPER, 185gr compared to the 9mm 115gr.

Hope this helped your decision
    -GY6vids @ www.youtube.com/GY6vids

20. nccinstaller

nccinstaller New Member

I think everyone makes a good point about the versitility of the 23 i would def go that way. And in my opinion the glock is a superior design to the xd, the whole idea of the glock was a simple rugged design which it accomplishes with flying colors. I dont care for the extras of the xd such as grip safety, round indicator, etc. That glock will never let you down and as for ccw its as simple as pull and shoot in that emergency situation