Which would you chose

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Fisherking, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Fisherking

Fisherking New Member

I have the chance to by a High standard Victor or a S&W 41.
    The 41 costs $100 more than the Victor. The victor seems to be in better shape. ie the 41 has some rust on the reciver.
    Both have shiney good bores.
    Which would you chose?
    Thanks F.K.

2. Fisherking

Fisherking New Member

Thanks for your feed back:cool:
    F.K.

3. Missileman

Missileman New Member

I think that's a tough question, thus the lack of responses. The S&W41 is an all time great--the surface rust bothers me a little, but probably won't impact functionality. The Victor is a classic and will probably continue to increase in value, but the 41 will probably be more accurate and function consistently.

Was that wishy washy enought? :)

4. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Get them both. Just make sure you buy the wife some new Diamond earrings.

5. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I shot Victors on the pistol team in college. Thousands of rounds through them and still VERY accurate. I had a model 41 for a few years. Also very accurate.

No responses because this is a VERY tough question. Victor, Timeless and collectable. 41 more modern and still sought after if not as collectable.

For me I would lean toward the 41 just because I am a S&W guy.

6. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

I'd choose the model 41. I used to get my butt beat when I had a victor by a guy with a 41. I realize it was the shooter but I always lusted after a 41 ever since. I now have Rugers but while they're as accurate they lack the class and smoothness.

7. Fisherking

Fisherking New Member

Thanks for the replies. I have wanted a Victor for a longgg time and I think i'm leaning to it. I have a Ruger Mark II in stainless government target that shoots realy well.
    I have only heard good things about the S&W 41 but this one may not have been taken care of as well.
    F.K.

8. TGReaper

TGReaper New Member

Over the years I have had both,and I would expect that they are equaly accurate. For what its worth I personally shot better scores with the Hi Standard. My present serious .22 is a Hammerli " International "

TGR