Which website is more accurate?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Kage0113, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Kage0113

Kage0113 New Member

2. NGIB

NGIB New Member

I've always found handgunlaw.us to be pretty accurate. The only way to know for sure is go to each states law website...

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

i would go with what your sherriff's office and local police dept. says. they are the ones your gonna be dealing with if you get stopped or have to defend yourself. you might also check with your local district attourney's office since they will be the ones prosecuting or not any case involving CCW permit violations.

4. kusterleXD

kusterleXD New Member

The NRA also has a great publication out every year titled "Traveler's Guide to Firearm Laws of the Fifty States" for around $14. I have found this to be very helpful when knowing what states honor other state's issued CCW permits. Of course, this is not designed to replace or ammend state laws, just to help inform you of the law at the time of publication.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
  5. Viking

Viking Active Member

handgun.us has links on the state sites to state statutes. It's always a good idea to give law enforcement of those state a call before going there because they may have made changes that are not on the books yet. That's what our CCW instructor told the class.

6. model67a

model67a New Member

nra ila

Same as Hobo. NRA / ILA has the reciprocity info for all the state. Lists states that honor your state and the states that your state honors. Under Gun Laws.

NRA-ILA ::

7. model67a

model67a New Member

Sorry

Was off checking past posts and run in to this one and forgot it was an old post, but maybe it will help someone now. Have to watch those pesky dates when posting. Please forgive.

http://www.nraila.org/recmap/usrecmap.aspx