Which style IWB holster?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by aandabooks, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Galco King Tuck style

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Single clip kydex, no backing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Single clip kydex with backing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Single clip leather, no backing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Single clip leather with backing

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Nylon single clip

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. aandabooks

aandabooks Active Member

Looking for my first IWB holster for my Shield. Don't even have permit yet but am taking class soon. Looking at my options and I'm conflicted.

At first I thought something like a Galco King Tuck. Then I start seeing single clip in both kydex and leather. Some have backings and some don't. Which style should I go with?

2. armoredman

armoredman Active Member

What feels good for you?

I use two different ones right now, both from High Noon Holsters;

[​IMG]

The High Noon Down Under with straps, with my CZ SP-01 Phantom, and let introduce you to the other half of a good holster system - the belt. That's a High Noon Rock Steady gun belt, and believe you me, that makes a HUGE difference!

[​IMG]

The High Noon Double Jeopardy IWB rig, probably the most adjustable rig I have ever used. This one is my wife's shown with her CZ 2075 RAMI BD.

[​IMG]

Mine, with one clip set for tuckable, (right), and the other for straight IWB, (left), seven adjustment holes on one side, 6 on the other. This pic was taken the day I got it - it's set up tuckable on both sides. Pistol is CZ P-01.

You asked about single clips - this is the only one I ever tried that worked at all.

[​IMG]

Beretta PX4 Storm in a High Noon Down Under IWB. Look at how wide the clip it. Most cheap single clip rigs are far narrower, and...

[​IMG]

It's a "C" clip, far superior in both keeping it from rocking and from coming out with the gun. Works well on a real gun belt.

[​IMG]

I hope that helped?

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/

3. ICleanBrassWithJager

ICleanBrassWithJager New Member

I used a kydex IWB holster (from a company called "Equipping the Workers") for my G27 before I sold it. Used a nylon holster (...uncle Mikes) on my CZ82, before I wanted to explore it. I've ordered a leather/kydex hybrid holster for my S&W semi-auto. I'm comfortable with carrying a fully loaded gun in a kydex holster, but not a nylon. I don't have any quarrels with using a nylon holster with a gun that has a safety, (with the safety on). But for a beginner, I'd say a kydex holster is a good start. It worked well for me.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  4. Mule659

Mule659 New Member

I've tried plenty of them. The single clip design just isn't comfortable for me at all. I am sticking with Crossbreed for all my IWB needs. I haven't found anything as comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

5. Mule659

Mule659 New Member

Apparently my phone doesn't want to upload pics right now.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  6. jimmyp7162

jimmyp7162 New Member

Check out N82 tactical pro. Best holster I've ever had. Been carrying for 20 years.

7. nosaj

nosaj New Member

I use a hybrid style from everyday holsters. It's very comfortable and concealable. I recommend this style for anyone carrying for an extended length of time

1403053111150.jpg

Sometimes i use a single clip nylon holster when i know it will be removed and put in the car or on and off throughout my travels
    1403053447944.jpg

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  8. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Most people that carry a concealed pistol have a box of holsters. What is very comfortable for me might be torture for you. There is nothing you can do to avoid buying a box of holsters other than not carry a gun. I have noticed a lot of people with expensive holsters for guns I would just pocket carry.

You can't see it but I have a G19 in my pocket. I just finished cutting grass when I took the photo. If a gun is going to print it will print when your clothes are soaked with sweat.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  9. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

None of the above.

Comp-tac full leather backed premium iwb

10. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

The only IWB holsters I buy are N82 holsters! They are soooooo comfortable. ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1403199139.724826.jpg