which one?

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by old fart, May 12, 2014.

1. old fart

old fart Member

i am gonna get new springs for my service six, wolf carries the trigger spring with either reduced power 14# or x power 17# hammer spring. which one should i get? thanks

2. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

If I was ordering i'd get 1 of each-

3. old fart

old fart Member

thanks, i'm getting the hammer and trigger spring from wolf. i've checked numric and i can get all the other springs except the cylinder latch spring. do you think i should get the other springs? or just certain ones? also what other parts might wear? i don't shoot much but want to make sure i have the most parts that may give me trouble in the future when parts might be hard to get. thanks

4. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Unless the springs you are replacing are showing signs or wear or corrosion I would shoot the gun for a while. I have had it in the back of my mind to get a trigger kit for my Blackhawk. When I first got the gun I couldn't hit anything with it. Now if it is range of buckshot I will drill it. There is no doubt I can hit a 25 yard NRA smallbore target at 25 yards with the Blackhawk. You know I have never got that trigger job done.

5. phildenton

phildenton New Member

14. That's what I got for my service six. And mustang custom combat grips, american walnut, fits my hand perfect.

6. PGM

PGM New Member

What prompted you to get new parts? Ive owned a security six for 37 yrs. with no problems,so far. (Hogue monogrips)

Attached Files:

7. old fart

old fart Member

i just thought some time down the road for me or my son when parts may be hard to get. i know ruger's are tough but parts will be needed some time, might not be me needing them but my son might. thanks

8. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Spare parts for anything is never a bad idea---