Which One Should I Pick?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Olympus, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Option 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Option 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Option 3

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Option 4

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  5. Option 5

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Gotta start plotting my next stupid purchase and I'm torn on which direction to go. Need some support and assistance. Which option should I pick? All are approximately the same amount of money and none of them are really "necessary".

Option 1: STI Spartan 9mm

Option 2: 5" box blade for my little tractor and two loads of gravel for my driveway

Option 3: Cut down my CZ 455 barrel to 16" and have it threaded for a suppressor. Pay for the $200 tax stamp and buy a suppressor for my CZ455 Varmint 22LR.

Option 4: Go through all the hoops and apply for a FFL

Option 5: Invest in some new equipment and wood for grip making (cheapest option and probably the least fun :( )

2. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

3. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i went with option 5. reason is, you make some very beautiful grips and have seen some very nice examples of your work. you Olympus are a very talented person when it comes to making grips. and thank you for show them off here on the forum, because i do enjoy seeing any that you make and show here. they areajoy to look at.

4. Olympus

Olympus New Member

The 01 FFL :D

5. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

6. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Thanks Axxe. I'm really finding it hard to sit down and actually start working on grips again. It's been high 90s to low 100s here the last month or so and the old workshop doesn't have A/C so I haven't been very motivated to out there and sweat my butt off. I've got some really nice wood just waiting to be working on, but I can't get the motivation. I've also been experimenting with my stabilizing and wood dying process so I can cut out a middle man.

But that's work. And work no fun!

7. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Option 4 just make sure your 01 is "to be in the business to make a profit" you actually gotta try :D. The process isn't that hard and if you do decide to do your 01 and need help on distributers or dealer direct accounts with manufacturers let me know. I just went through it all and you don't need a kit!

8. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

Which ever could make you money so you could get all option!

9. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

what class ffl allows you to carry a scilencer and automatic assault rifles reading about this is getting me interested and I assume you need to already have a ccw license which won't be a problem

10. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Huh?

You don't need an FFL to own a suppressor or automatic rifle. And having a CCW is not a prerequisite for a FFL either.

11. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

OK, so buy an AC unit for the shop to even up the costs! Option 5.

12. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Boo!

Just joking...

13. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Spend the money on a road-trip and go fishing or just traveling....option # 6...

14. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I went with option 4.
    The money you will make can then be invested in option 5.
    That, in turn, will allow you make enough money for option 6 (the vacation) to a luxury resort.

Or I could sell you Brooklyn bridge and let you charge tolls. :)

15. Olympus

Olympus New Member

We usually try to do one vacation a year and we just went before the 4th to Virginia Beach and Cape Hatteras. Jobs make it tough to take any more vacations. It's just too hard to get caught back up when we get back.

16. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

You're from FL, which means you're originally from NYC, you should know that they don't charge tolls on the Brooklyn Bridge....:p:p:p:p

17. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

A FFL is a license to sell, not a license to carry. The whole process is different and you don't need a CCW. As far as cans and automatic rifles you need and 01 FFL (dealer's license) with a SOT stamp. That stamp runs $500 a year. That allows you to sell silencers and automatic firearms along with, SBRs and SBSs IF YOUR STATE ALLOWS NFA firearms. If you want to own one, find a CLASS III license dealer and buy a can but you'll have to pay a $200 tax stamp and submit some paperwork to the ATF which takes a couple of months.

18. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

$500 a year...WOW.......

19. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Yeah but the margins are a lot better in the Class III arena so on sale of a SBR or Automatic rifle and you break even I'm assuming. I don't know exactly what the margins are but they are better.