Which Of These 2 FMJ 380 Rounds Would You Use?

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by ryevick, Jun 30, 2013.

1. ryevick

ryevick Member

Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
  2. pawjr74

pawjr74 New Member

I'd use any .380 I could find right now. I've used the Remington and it worked well.

3. ryevick

ryevick Member

I have both... hence the question.

4. pawjr74

pawjr74 New Member

Ha ha I thought you were looking to buy. I've only used the Remington out of those 2 brands.
    I shot it through my Ruger LCP without any issues. I would think either would be fine as long as its reliable in your gun.

5. towboater

towboater Active Member

I would'nt make a difference to me. As long as the gun cycles both well.

6. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

I use Federal Hydra Shoks 90 gr JHP and Federal 95 gr FMJ because I have a few thousand rounds of each on hand. But based on today's market, if necessary, I would use anything that the gun will fire reliably.

7. ryevick

ryevick Member

For me there are two main differences between the two rounds... you have a flat tip remanufactured round against a round tip manufactured round... I haven't been able to find any info to compare ballistics data, ratings, specs or what have you... I am also unsure if round or flat would be preferred in a 380 SD round.

8. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

I've noticed that UMC seems to be a bit underpowered, so anything else:D

9. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

With Remington's complete lack of QC lately, I would trust Bubba's reloads over Rem.

I would prefer the flat point over the round nose. Flat points tend to track straighter in the target

10. javelin225HO

javelin225HO New Member

UMC I have used in 9mm as a target round with no issues. Haven't tried there 380 round yet. I have Hornady CD for carry.

11. 95sniper

95sniper New Member

I just bought some umc 380 at Wally world today along with some subsonic 22s.

12. Blackbeard1718

Blackbeard1718 New Member

I haven't used either one, so I can't give you a good call on which is better.

I use Win PDX1 and Magtech HP's in my Bersa's for PD Ammo, and I use Win Target Ammo for the Range. I've never had any issues with any of the three.

Like some have said, right now... anything your 380 will Shoot flawlessly, would be your best bet.

Best of Luck!

Cheers!

BB

13. bfoosh006

bfoosh006 New Member

Which ever feeds and ejects 100%.

IMHO, neither FMJ is as good a bullet that can be had, so reliability becomes the most important factor.

14. Richz99

Richz99 New Member

Between the two, I'd go with the Stryker, as long as it functions well in your pistol.