Which night sights are best

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by capnklump, Sep 19, 2010.

1. capnklump

capnklump New Member

I want to get night sights for my newly purchased XD-40 Subcompact. Who makes the best without having to pay an arm & a leg???

2. NGIB

NGIB New Member

I really like Tru-Glo TFO's as they have fiber optics for daytime and tritium for night. They run about $115 at Midway. Be aware that the sights on XD's are impossible to remove without professional equipment so a gunsmith will have to do the removal and install.

BTW, welcome to SM status...

3. capnklump

capnklump New Member

Thanks, NGIB! I love this forum! Learning alot!!

I love this forum! Learning alot!!

4. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Let me echo NGIB on taking it to a gunsmith. I know a guy who bent a near new sight press trying to change the sights on an XD.

5. capnklump

capnklump New Member

I've also heard that I can send the sights & slide off to Springfield and they can install for a turnaround of about $70.

6. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Springer has a great service department. Never used them myself but I know of many that have...

7. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Yes, I did that myself with my XD and was very happy with the turnaround time and the service.

8. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

The gunsmith at our local shop here, won't touch the sites on XD or XDm. He'll tell you to just send it to Springfield.

9. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

What I was told is that the sight pushers for the XD are about $600, so no gun shops want to buy one of those because they would have to push A LOT of sights to pay for it.

10. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

Here's another vote for the TFO's they are great. They are equally as visible day or night.

11. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Wait for it...

...Won't be long

12. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

GLOW-On they are the best.

13. gatopardo

gatopardo New Member

Right on !

Right on ! Gosh I'm almost a month late on this one, did i fall asleep under a tree or something?
    In any case it's a DIY ten bucks project.:D and you guys know it wouldn't be me if I didn't post some photo, so here:

[​IMG]

Disclaimer: even though the orange really rocks it only glows for a couple of minutes, its for day use, if you go under a car or tree while defending yourself, go inside a dark garage to take cover, go under a car ( I had to do this once ), they'll perform for you.

NGIB, glad you're back, no wonder the place was so darn quiet, I know you're there, somewhere.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  14. FLASHBANG

FLASHBANG New Member

TFO is the way to go also Midway sells the sight tool, I changed three sets last week. Its called Maryland gun works front and rear sight tool for xd-xdm #520237 119.99.get a rachett and socket notch the socket to go over the handle on the sight tool , put the sight tool in a vise to hold it securely.Works like a dream

15. jeffsmith2208

jeffsmith2208 New Member

TruGlo TFO's... Hands down!
    [​IMG]

16. fpdsniper

fpdsniper New Member

I'm about to put the Tru Glo TFO's on my XDM .45 too. If anyone here is interested, I have these in stock, and will sell you a set for $110.00 shipped. Thanks!

Donnie

17. FLASHBANG

FLASHBANG New Member

TruGlo TFO Tritium & Fiber Optic Gun Sights has them for $69.95 part #TG131MPT TFO is a steal sight , very solid and works very well. Your local gun shop will probably charge you $50.00 to install. TFO"s are brighter than Trijicon my friend bought.I purchased the sight tool and changed my xd9 and my xdm 45acp, I plan on buying other xdm platforms so for me it"s money well spent. I also have G19 and G26 with TFO"s. Hope this helps! Did not mean to step on your toes fpdsniper but every one is looking for a deal $$$$$

18. FLASHBANG

FLASHBANG New Member

[url=http://www.botachtactical.com/

Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  19. fpdsniper

fpdsniper New Member

Have you ever bought anything from that company? You might put their name in a search engine and see what you find out. Good luck to anyone who orders from them.

20. FLASHBANG

FLASHBANG New Member

fpdsniper, yes i have purchased from them seems o k to me ? I have seen them elsewhere for $79.99.