Which Motorcycle is the Best?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by MikeJK, Apr 21, 2012.

1. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

What the title says.

2. KalashnikovBlood

KalashnikovBlood New Member

I like the Suzuki Hayabusa, they're beautiful and wicked fast.

Spetsnaz for Life

3. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

For what purpose? A crotch rocket if you want to get somewhere fast, a Harley if you want to get there comfortably in style, a motocross bike for playing in the mud, or a enduro for a mix of all the above.

4. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

That would be a personal preference. You're going to get the same "Chevy vs Ford" argument here.

I grew up in a biker family, as did my wife (which is how we met when we were kids) our fathers rode together and would never touch anything if it didn't have the Harley Davidson name on it.
    Me personally, I love the look of a Harley, but I hate the ride. I currently ride a 2000 Suzuki Bandit 1200s. Great for long distance riding, and it will get out of its own way when I hit the throttle.

5. Kinetics

Kinetics New Member

I personally like the ducati/triumph style bikes, just because im not a big fan of harleys and choppers.
    [​IMG]

6. KalashnikovBlood

KalashnikovBlood New Member

Ok between Suzuki and Kawasaki which would be your pick?

Spetsnaz for Life

7. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

mine of course:D:D...........alll kidding aside i would love to have a honda cbr 1000 not saying its the best though just the best for me.

8. Georgiahunter

Georgiahunter New Member

Wrong section. This has nothing to do with aks or SKS.

9. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

My brother gave me a basket case sportster, so I am going to spend some time this spring putting it together. Of course, that means it will cut into my AR fund....

10. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

i just finished putting my sportster back together.i made it a semi bobber.

11. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Gonna run it stock, when I get done. I figure it's going to run me a few hundred to get it done, then my wife is going to take it away from me.

12. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

Of you're looking at all name bend Harley part or "screamin' eagle" parts.. you're going to ay a lot more then a few hundred. That was the other reason I stayed away from Harley. I looked at an 1989 sportster just before I bought my Bandit. It reminded me of my fathers nd I really wanted it bad. Thankfully my father reminded me how much he dumped into his and only received 1/3 of his investment when he sold it.

13. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Not really. I have every thing I need, including the wiring harness. All I'm going to be buying is the tires.

14. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

Then I guess you're in luck. Lol. I always wanted to pick up a basket case, but with my luck I'd be missing parts or it would be a box of mismatched parts. I'm not broke but I definitely don't have the funds for a commitment like that.
    Good luck with it and post some pics on your progress.

15. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Cleaning the garage out this next weekend, setting up my workbench and getting ready to pick it up and start in a couple weeks, if all goes well. It won't be a weekend and I'm done. I'm nowhere near as nutty as he is about them. (The one he's keeping is a 35k custom.)

16. griffin81

griffin81 New Member

Yamaha has some really great bikes!

play the victim, be the victim

17. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

I need to get a spot cleared in the garage also. Recently I came across the very first dirtbike I had as a kid. Picked it up as a project for my son. (I'm going to secretly relive my childhood through him). When I found it, I felt like a little kid again and had to have it.

1987 Yamaha bw80 "big wheel"

[​IMG]

18. canebrake

canebrake New Member

[​IMG]

.................................Knucklehead

19. mcb

mcb New Member

I prefer a Harley. I sold my sportster in 1996. I bought a Yamaha Virago a year later. A very nice shaft driven bike. Sold it s few years later when I became a father.

20. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

If I could get my hands on it, this one ;)

Attached Files: