which mossberg

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by geebert, Apr 12, 2012.

1. geebert

geebert New Member

So I'm looking into buying a mossberg 500. I want just a pistol grip, no stock, pump.......but there are so many to choose from on mossbergs website......is there any suggestions

2. KalashnikovBlood

KalashnikovBlood New Member

The Just In Case (JIC) I'm pretty sure is the cheapest one listed on their site. It comes in a waterproof cylinder and I'm pretty sure it comes in more than 12 gauge.

Spetsnaz for Life

3. gmaster456

gmaster456 New Member

Field/Security Combo.

4. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

have you ever shot a pistol gripped only 12ga shotgun? i ask because a lot of people think they want one until they shoot them a few times, and realize the amount of recoil that is inflicted on your wrist and arm, and how much harder they are to hit anything with. something to consider before buying one. Mossberg has the M500 that comes with both a full stock and a pistol grip rear stock. very similar to the JIC. but you then have the option of going to a full stock if you don't like the pistol grip only stock. just a suggestion.

5. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Axxe55 makes a good point. The wear on the body is a factor. Shotguns by nature can serve as a multi~purpose tool. You limit the use to just looking cool in a picture with the pistol grip. Just my opinion. I've had a 590a1 20" barrel for some years now. 8+1 is nice for home defense use. I even shoot clays with it at the family property.

6. geebert

geebert New Member

Thanks everyone for the advice

7. BodySnatcher

BodySnatcher New Member

Correct answer.