Which IWB holster do you use?

Discussion in 'M&P Forum' started by JW357, Apr 21, 2013.

1. JW357

JW357 New Member

I was at my local gun store, looking at a Galco King Tuk for my S&W M&P9c. I like that style of holster, that distributes the load over a wider area. But when I put my gun in the holster I immediately found something I didn't like. When holstering the gun, the kydex part actually pushes the slide back about about an eighth of an inch. I'm sure this is a great holster but I just didn't like that issue. So my question is: what IWB holster do you guys use that is in the same style as the Galco King Tuk?

2. Nch22000

Nch22000 New Member

Look at crossbreed holsters supertuck. It is the same style as the galco. I use a remora for IWB and like it a lot.

3. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

I carry my G35 in a N82 pro tactical IWB! It is the most comfortable holster. I will never buy any other holster.

image-1529945081.jpg

image-4170320216.jpg

image-4252216218.jpg

4. AR10

AR10 New Member

Tagged to follow along, interested in one for my Glock 20

5. JW357

JW357 New Member

They do look comfortable but the part I don't like is the clip being on the fat part of the holster. I like the Galco King Tuk because it has two clips, one on each side of the kydex.

6. Enoch

Enoch New Member

+1 for the Crossbreed Supertuck. I carry my XDm compact in this, can't get more comfortable.

When the XDs 9mm is available, that will be my EDC, and I'm going to try a Remora with that.

7. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

I haven't had one problem with the one clip. The way it is constructed the force of your body holds it in place, so no movement on the holster. My friend tried it and loved it, but didn't want to pay the $70 price tag. So, he bought the King Tuk and said it was 30% less comfortable than the N82.

8. MrWray

MrWray New Member

9. JW357

JW357 New Member

Thanks for the responses guys. I've been looking at the Skeleton by PHLster Concealment. I know its different than the type I started this thread about, but I really like the minimalist look of it.

Does anyone have any experience with these?

10. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

Check out old faithful holsters. I really like mine!

Attached Files:

11. Enoch

Enoch New Member

We have a lefty in the house :)

12. JW357

JW357 New Member

Went to Old Faithful Holster's website. I really like the idea of assembling the holster myself to save a couple bucks. And if its high quality, I see no downside.

13. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

Galco King Tuk (XD40SC) and a Crossbreed Super Tuck (S&W M&P9) both are of similar quality and cost and work well for me.

14. Highhawk8

Highhawk8 New Member

For the past 2 years I have used a Milt Sparks Summer II for my Colt Commander. Very comfortable and light weight.

15. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

Quality drum dyed leather, thicker than typical kydex and all parts are made in the USA, even the hardware kit. Very well made and decent retention for a hybrid holster and a 30 money back guarantee as well as a 50 tear warranty.

I especially like that the leather and kydex is attached with screws NOT rivets, so you can adjust them as the leather molds and wears to your body and the firearm.

Can't beat it for $50.

16. steve666

steve666 New Member

I have a FIST Holster for my Astra A75:
    [​IMG]
    a Don Hume for my CZ100:
    [​IMG]
    a Bianchi for my Browning HiPower:
    [​IMG]
    and my .38 snubby rides in an Alessi:
    [​IMG]

17. JW357

JW357 New Member

In case you guys are interested, I went with the Old Faithful. Definitely pleased so far. Been wearing it around the house for the past week or so (no CCW permit yet in Kalifornia!). Extremely comfortable. I barely notice it, even with my gun fully loaded in it.

Thanks for all the advice gents.

Couldn't be happier so far.

image-1075844828.jpg

image-3526548486.jpg

18. PIRATECAPTAIN

PIRATECAPTAIN New Member

Hi there that is a really nice looking IWB holster! I carry a De saints partner I love it but would like to try some thing new! So I try the one you have or I may try the cross bread bolster IWB.

19. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

I have a gun show Kydex made for my Shield, which works great, and is comfortable as hell. For my Ruger SR9c I have a Don Hume IWB, which I am happy with. I have had it two years with no issues.

Crap, cannot find the pictures of either. Will have to get out the camera and take them again.

20. bbertram

bbertram New Member

I've been waiting forever ( over 2 months ) for a couple crossbreed holsters to show up ( for Sig p-6 and Ruger SP101 ). I picked up a Shepherd leather IWB tuckable crossbreed clone for my P239, and it also fits my Nano & Shield quite well, surprisingly. I've taken to wearing this holster daily, even when I'm not carrying a gun in it. I always carry a pocket .380, but not always something bigger in the IWB . Good practice, though, just ALWAYS wearing the holster. :)