Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Supporting Member
11,988 Posts
My Glock 22 with Trijicon Pro Sights and Ghost Trigger 3.5 Lb. Trigger. I was issued it at my retirement from the Metro. So we have been good friends for years and I keep it close here in the house. Use it to shoot my Presidential 218 LE Qualification Course each year. And on occasion on my little Range when family and friends come over to shoot. I carry normally carry concealed a Model 27 40 cal. or a Springfield XDS 45 cal. most of the time. Unless I can not conceal it easily and then I carry a Khar P-380 in an ankle holster. Better to have the 380 than nothing at all!

Reactions: GhostTriggers

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
I have several Glock's. One that I carry is a G23.4. With the large backstrap the gun fits my hand very well. The gun has factory night sights. I took out the OEM 357 SIG barrel when all the 40 caliber hating started. Now the gun is a full time 40.The gun is accurate. The gun runs well on handloads. I cannot remember having a malfunction with the gun.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I actually hate Glocks...I only own six.
My least loathed would be the G36 I've carried continuously every day since 2003. I competed in IDPA with it a couple years, six round mags kinda suck, it's very acurate, it has failed exactly one time (bad round), and I was EXTREMELY disturbed/suspicious of it the one time it was taken during a traffic stop.

Joe

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
I sold my 10 mm G29. That is a serious handgun. I'm hunting another.

I make a practice of shooting my G23.4 carry gun. It handles differently that the larger guns I regularly shoot.As the years pass becoming rusty comes on faster, I've added a Colt Commander 45 ACP clone as a carry gun. The G23 is basic. No matter what other handguns I like it is hard to beat a Glock. I just wish the things were not so ugly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I actually hate Glocks...I only own six.
My least loathed would be the G36 I've carried continuously every day since 2003. I competed in IDPA with it a couple years, six round mags kinda suck, it's very acurate, it has failed exactly one time (bad round), and I was EXTREMELY disturbed/suspicious of it the one time it was taken during a traffic stop.

Joe
Only six???

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My Glock 22 with Trijicon Pro Sights and Ghost Trigger 3.5 Lb. Trigger. I was issued it at my retirement from the Metro. So we have been good friends for years and I keep it close here in the house. Use it to shoot my Presidential 218 LE Qualification Course each year. And on occasion on my little Range when family and friends come over to shoot. I carry normally carry concealed a Model 27 40 cal. or a Springfield XDS 45 cal. most of the time. Unless I can not conceal it easily and then I carry a Khar P-380 in an ankle holster. Better to have the 380 than nothing at all!

We love to hear that your running one of our products! Back-up is always good!

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
We think alike, I don't own a Block.
My opinion: When the Glock haters show up one point can be made. It's hard to argue with success. For daily use it is hard to beat a Glock. I base my opinion of having owned both HK and SIG handguns. These are great guns. My personal pick for a carry gun is still my G23.4.

The Colt Commander Clone can make head shots on a B27 at 25 yards. So can my G23. How much better can you expect from a carry gun.

I just got back from the indoor range. I shot thirty rounds of handloads in the G23.I try to rotate magazines. That gun is accurate and reliable. I may carry other guns but will go back to the G23 or similar Glock. The reason is accuracy and reliability. You gotta shoot those carry guns. I really enjoy shooting handguns in case you can't tell.

·
Premium Member
5,288 Posts
My opinion: When the Glock haters show up one point can be made. It's hard to argue with success. For daily use it is hard to beat a Glock. I base my opinion of having owned both HK and SIG handguns. These are great guns. My personal pick for a carry gun is still my G23.4.

The Colt Commander Clone can make head shots on a B27 at 25 yards. So can my G23. How much better can you expect from a carry gun.

I just got back from the indoor range. I shot thirty rounds of handloads in the G23.I try to rotate magazines. That gun is accurate and reliable. I may carry other guns but will go back to the G23 or similar Glock. The reason is accuracy and reliability. You gotta shoot those carry guns. I really enjoy shooting handguns in case you can't tell.
Just my opinion. I would also be comfortable with my M&P 40 Pro Series. It's just a better feeling, easier to aim pistol than any Glock I've ever shot. As far as reliable it's got 5K+ down the barrel and honestly I can't remember a failure. I just don't need a Glock when I have these proven, reliable, well made pistols at my disposal. I guess I said the Sig because you can't go wrong with a good 45 a.c.p.
Then there's the S&W 915, never misses a beat.

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
My G19, EDC. It is accurate and dependable... also, i wont miss it too much it if i have to use it in a SD incident and it sits in evidence for the next thousand years!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Diversity in opinions in a forum is a good thing. I just don't like Glocks or any plastic gun. I don't like safety's in the trigger so that eliminates Glocks and others. I have nothing against people that do like them. I would rather see a lot of people carrying them legally than not.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts