Which is worse

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Gatoragn, Apr 3, 2020.

1. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

I think the ones thinking 1,000,000 dead is better than more unemployed, should not seek any medical treatment if they get the virus. And fill in a do not resuscitate form in case they end up in hospital with the virus.

2. Nod

Nod Well-Known Member

I based my number of deaths on reality. There is no way of knowing what the lying Chinese total is. But 1,000,000 deaths is not realistic.

3. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

OMI

IMO I think most people would rather fight a case of Coronavirus than loose everything they have worked hard for years for. And I think of the young kids raising a new family. Who had a good job bought a home or car. Stimulus money is only temporary! And when it expires where are they then. HOMELESS??? with a young family. This must end quickly!
    Being older and having some issues I doubt I would survive the Coronavirus? But we have our life's personal situation pretty much in order at our age. And we are taking steps to use caution regarding the Coronavirus. Pretty much sheltering in except for basic needs. But the fact is the greater percentage of people who get it does survive.
    And have to potential of loosing a cousin in the next week or so from the Coronavirus. He has been in the hospital now for over a week and was put on a Respirator Thursday. But once again he is in his 50s and had some pre-existing health issues. So all we can do is pray for him. His wife had it as well and survived it.
    Back to the point! So do we continue to tear our economy down into a recession, or worse a depression or play the odds ????? And then I look at yesterday's deaths in the USA one day being 1,400! A new one day high!
    Wish I had a good answer!;) I think we need to be saying some serious prayers!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
    PaBushMan, Oldoutlaw and ellis36 like this.
  4. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

Sadly, their numbers make no difference, neither to their masters at home nor to us here.

alsaqr likes this.
  5. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

The Spanish Flu killed 695,000 Americans and an estimated 20 million to 50 million world wide. 1 million deaths is a very realistic number and could be much higher if the system gets overwhelmed.
    A conservative estimate based on the number of normal deaths in Wuhan and the number of cremation urns being distributed puts the virus death toll around 30,000 just in Wuhan. Not taken into account is some of those urns are family urns and contain more than 1 set of ashes.

Maineiak, MstrMsn and Rentacop like this.
  6. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

Spot on Sniper.

At 59 I fear the loss of what I have worked for more than the virus.

Too old to start over and I don't want to be completely dependent on a paltry gubmint check in my old age.

Pasquanel, ellis36 and towboater like this.
  7. Gatoragn

On his show tonight Tucker Carlson says the economic shutdown will do more harm to the USA than the coronavirus. The sum total of unemloyment, suicide from the effects of losing your job, house, etc., surge in abused children stuck at home with weirdos, drug and alcohol abuse by folks on lockdown. The cure could be worse than the disease.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tuc...ourse-on-coronavirus-than-the-one-were-on-now

For most people, going to work cannot be more dangerous than buying produce at Safeway twice a week. And if it is more dangerous, tell us how it is more dangerous and be specific when you describe that. Otherwise, it's time to start caring about the entire population. Healthy people are suffering badly, too.

Pasquanel and ellis36 like this.
  8. Rentacop

Rentacop Well-Known Member

Deleted post.......

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
  9. Gatoragn

https://www.americanthinker.com/art...e_guides_our_current_approach_to_covid19.html

Are Anthony Fauci, the Centers for Disease Control and the World Health Organization our best guides through current events? Are we so confident in their opinions and models of COVID-19 spread that we are willing to risk whole economies? Is it possible that those authorities not only miscalculate, but see such a small piece of the overall biomedical/social picture that they are creating worse problems -- by shouting “fire” in a crowded world theater?

ellis36 likes this.
  10. JTJ

NOD, stated 1,000,000 deaths was not a realistic number. World wide it is in my opinion very realistic and might be low. For China my guess would be around 300,000. I see at least 30,000 just in Wuhan and that may well be an underestimate. Tell me how China only has 3000 deaths when we are already over 10,000. China falsified the cause of death on at least 90% of their death certificates.
    The virus was brought here before the SHTF in China. My guess is some of the flu/pneumonia deaths this year and late last year were actually the virus.

Oldoutlaw, Maineiak, MstrMsn and 2 others like this.
  11. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Well said.

The ChiComs lied, because that's what communists do. The real death toll in China could have been in the millions. Every adult in China has a cell phone. During the pandemic millions of cell phone accounts went away:

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/7152...eath-toll-21-million-phones-vanish/index.html

Oldoutlaw, Maineiak, ellis36 and 3 others like this.
  12. JTJ

WOW! alsaqr, that is an item I had not looked at. I was being conservative but this may blow the lid off of everything. They are highly dependent on cell phones and prison or death are the only reasons for an account to be cancelled. According to the article the phones generate a health code and no one moves without the code.

alsaqr likes this.
  13. Mercator

No Chinese numbers or hieroglyphics can be counted on as reliable, including the ones this article is based on. Pure conjecture. On the other hand who cares.

Gatoragn likes this.
  14. Maineiak

Maineiak Active Member

Even Russia is shutting things down and trying to stop the spread. Tucker and all the other talking heads are doing the same thing they accuse the others of doing...fear mongering about the economy

Oldoutlaw likes this.
  15. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Yep, Russia has closed down some Chinese border crossings

Rifling82, Maineiak and Oldoutlaw like this.
  16. Oldoutlaw

Oldoutlaw Well-Known Member Supporter

Yes, I am seeing and reading the same as you. Tucker has went to the sewer as time has gone by. He is not the same guy he was before he started his own Media empire. Just like Glenn Beck.

Rifling82 and Maineiak like this.
  17. Mercator

All of them, back in January.

Rifling82 likes this.
  18. Gatoragn

That is racist and xenophobic.

Mercator likes this.
  19. Mercator

They understand each other perfectly. Putin knows better than trusting the chicoms, and himself knows a thing or two about covering up.
    It ain’t over yet but so far it’s impressive how few cases Russia has had. Given their border with China.

Gatoragn and alsaqr like this.
  20. Hookeye

Hookeye Well-Known Member

Give it another 2 weeks.
    Those that acted poorly when things were normal.........

As for the dead in China, how many were lung damaged due to pollution?
    Does genetics or diet have an influence?
    What about social practices?
    How many were in bad shape before the virus?

And how many were just considered a burden or possible trouble and snuffed?

Pasquanel, Rifling82 and Oldoutlaw like this.