Which is better?

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by dave79, Sep 25, 2010.

1. dave79

dave79 New Member

I narrowed my search for a cheap starter .22LR to the following two.

Winchester Wildcat Vs. Zastava CZ99

They are both east-European made. Is one better made then the other?

2. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Hate to break it to you but the CZ is NOT a rimfire rifle rather a centerfire PISTOL.

Are you asking about the wildcat or the CZ 452?

the 452 is CZ rimfire rifle.

3. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Tango, I think he is talking Zastava, a Serbian rifle. ZASTAVA ARMS
    Zastava makes some very nice rifles. My wife has a CZ (Zastava) M70 pistol. Built like a tank.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
  4. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

ZASTAVA ARMS ZAVASTA CZ99 That doesn't look like a rimfire rifle I have ever seen.

HUH I don't see any M99 RIFLES here.

[​IMG]

Maybe I'm missing something but after 30 minutes on that site I found only 1 cz 99 and it was a centerfire pistol.

5. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

I think the OP was confused somehow. EAA imports Crvena Zastava arm in the U.S., They are not commonly found. I wish they were! EAA also imports only a small fraction or what is availible as they need a seperate import license for each model. None of the hunting rifles are imported into the U.S.
    The newest one I have owned was from the late 1950's. The 24/47 and M48 are Zastava rifles.

6. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Zastava arms made the CZ99 rifle, Charles Daly sold a version of it, as well.

I'll look for a link.

7. dave79

dave79 New Member

Thanks for the replies guys.
    Just to elaborate, I am talking about CZ99 as a rifle, not pistol. Here is a link to Zastava's page: ZASTAVA ARMS Kragujevac | Small-bore Rifles Precision

One thing I found weird is that it has a non-metal trigger, as per the article in the quoted link. What? What's it made of then? Some metal alloy? Plastic? That would be too dodgy... fine rifle mucked up with a piece of crap trigger. Does anyone happen to know details on this trigger?

So back on track, Wildcat costs a little extra than CZ99, but I wonder if the Serbians made a rifle surpassing it's price? Would you buy Zastava over Wildcat???

Thanks.