Which is better Part 2.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by cpttango30, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Metalica pre black album

17 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Metalica post black album

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Which is better

Metalica pre black album.

Metalica post black album.

2. Squirrel_Slayer

Squirrel_Slayer New Member

No question what so ever, pre Black album.

3. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Squirrel I knew I liked you for some reason other than you love blasting varmints into nothingness.

4. Squirrel_Slayer

Squirrel_Slayer New Member

Apparently guys who dig blasting varmints also have good taste in music. Here's the ringer, not to highjack your thread, Pantera or Megadeth?

This should be an easy one too...

5. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

I'll take scotch and hookers for 800, alex.

6. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Metallica ... pre Black album ;)

Megadeth FTW!!! :D

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

i thought they only had one song they just changed the tone of the howling guy for each song to fill a cd... but what do i know.

8. DrJason

DrJason New Member

Pre of course......post they became sober nancies bitching about people stealing their music

9. Yunus

Yunus New Member

I'll take the black album over evrything pre and post combined.

10. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

While I liked Pantera Megadeth blew them out of the water.

11. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

And here I was just starting to like you.

12. falseharmonix

falseharmonix New Member

Metallica pre black..

Megadeth is by far technically more capable than Pantera. That being said, Dimebag could shred like a mad man. RIP.

13. Car54

Car54 New Member

Definitely pre black.

14. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

Come on now, pre Black album.

15. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Given the choice of only pre or post, I would take pre black album but I grew up with The Black Album, it pretty much contained the greatest set of songs ever heard by my ears when I was in high school. I can't hear a single song from the album without thinking about football practice or lifting weights in the gym and you can't beat that music for either activity.

16. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

I've been (and remain) a big fan of Metallica since I first heard them around '88

In general I liked them better before the Black Album.
    If I had to put early favorites in order would probably be Ride the Lightning, Kill Em All(the re-release that included Am I Evil and Blitzkreig), Justice, then MoP

Black album was a bit of a shock for me when it came out, BIG change in style from Justice it had some decent tracks but just didn't sound like Metallica.

Load and Reload were different from their old sound but I liked quite a few songs and saw them as an improvement (especially Reload) from the Black album

S&M gimmicky, liked the live performance of some of the oldies with the orchestra but could as well did without it

Garage Inc 's (covers) disc 1 was okay but i didn't get into a lot of the tracks but Disc 2 is great- one of my favorite discs, filled with just hard, old school metal from a lot of lesser known (to me) artists. The Wait, Breadfan and the previously released Am I Evil & Blitzkreig are some of my favorites.

St. Anger was THE absolute worst album IMHO they have ever put out. The mixing and the goofy snare drums ruined every track for me. I've since seen them perform a few songs from Anger live in concert and on the movie documentary and I really enjoyed a few of them, however the disc I bought went in the garbage (hopefully along with Lars' snares:rolleyes:), not one tolerable track for me. I had pretty much wrote Metallica off as finished in my book.

When Death Magnetic came out I didn't even bother getting it. My younger cousin had to convince me to give it a listen and I have to say for me, it's without a doubt the best album they've made since Justice. It's easily in my Top 3 all time Metallica releases. I often just set the mp3 on repeat and listen to it from beginning to end and over again while mowing grass or running a tractor on the farm.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  17. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

If you would have been a couple years earlier and been introduced with any one of the earlier albums, you would've probably had the same reaction to the Black album that I did.;)

You cant lift weights to that $hit:D

18. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Now you're missing the necessary "other" category.

19. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

My first three tapes were- and justice for all, countdown to extinction and anrhrax's I'm the man.

Def pre!

20. General_lee

General_lee New Member

My favorite Metallica albums are Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets, my vote goes for pre Black.