Which HK USP deal do I do?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by jamesb, Feb 16, 2011.

1. jamesb

jamesb New Member

EDIT:Well since I want to eventually suppress it I have decided it is going to be a .45 as most of the ammo is already subsonic. So my two options are:

A. Brand new USP 45 Tactical Compact OTD for $1,164, dealer sale

or

B New USP 45 Tactical full size which i'm waiting to hear back on how much it isSo here is the deal. I want to pick up another USP(s).
    What would you do?

FYI: I currently own a USP 9mm (2005) w/ jet funnel and a USP .40 (1995).

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  2. HKSlinger

HKSlinger Member

I think I would go with B. Its a very good deal. As far as the barrel, I'm pretty sure you can switch them out. Maybe swing by HKPro.com. A lot of knowledgeable people there. Let 'em know what your paying for it,really get 'em worked up!:D

3. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

I will go with the Sig. Oops sorry...not on the list. :D

I know you own one already...just ribbing ya. LOL (ducks and runs for cover).

4. HKSlinger

HKSlinger Member

Nothing wrong with a Sig.

5. jamesb

jamesb New Member

Hahaha! Funny man! ;)

Well since I want to eventually suppress it I have decided it is going to be a .45 as most of the ammo is already subsonic. So my two options are:

A. Brand new USP 45 Tactical Compact OTD for $1,164, dealer sale

or

B New USP 45 Tactical full size which i'm waiting to hear back on how much it is

6. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Hell, you really can't go wrong with either gun IMHO. I would take the one that's the least expensive of the 2, and go from there. :cool:

7. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

If HK's are your thing then you can't go wrong with either. I agree with Jack, go for the cheaper of the two.

8. jamesb

jamesb New Member

Thanks guys did just that!

HK USP .45 Tactical. Gun was brand new, previous owner bought it and ended up selling a lot of HKs to the local shop, one of which was this one. Gun has never been fired, it is perfect. Only "flaws" were that it wasn't in the original matching serial # case, only one 10rd mag, and no manual/papers. Serial numbers matched, definitely could tell it never was fired and I got the shop to toss in another 12 rd HK mag for $1k OTD. So the gun was just under $945. Very happy! Now I need to start working on the suppressor paperwork.

Going to go shoot it this weekend at the latest!

[​IMG]

And here is the trio of them together (9mm, .40 S&W, and .45)

[​IMG]

9. jyo

jyo New Member

HKs

Really nice set of HKs you got there! I have several myself---AND I shoot with Nikon!