which gun?

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by old fart, Feb 23, 2012.

1. old fart

old fart New Member

i am saving and june i'll be able to get a gun, i have a friend thats got two guns for sale and one i'll have to go to my local shop and get if i get it. my friend has a eaa windicator 357 mag for $250 still in box not fired, a rossi 357 magnum for the same price it been shot 20rds. both these guns are snubbies, the other one i was looking at is a heritage rough rider 22lr/22mag combo at a local store for $220. these are my choices and please don't say save and get something better, i'm on a tight budget and had to save nearly a year to get where i'm at now. thanks

2. trip286

trip286 New Member

That heritage is a fine target gun/plinker, but not of very good quality. Tip from hard learned experience DO NOT attempt any quick draw fun with it. You will break the hell out of it.

I know nothing about the windicator, but the Rossi is a fine gun, and that's a fair price. Not a great deal mind you, but it's fair. Ask him to knock another 20 off.

Also, and I should have asked up front, what are you planning to use it for?

Plinking =.22
    Self protection = something bigger.

3. old fart

old fart New Member

i was just saving to get another gun, it takes me awhile to get enough up to get one. i already own a taurus 357 and a heritage 22, but i would like another gun i have thought about more ammo but the gun thing keeps popping up. thanks

4. trip286

trip286 New Member

If it takes that long to save that much money (I know how it is, I'm about in the same boat), I would get something different than what I already have.

5. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

I had that Rossi-the 462?I shot about 700 rounds through it,maybe 500 of which being .357 magnum rounds,I never had a problem with it,but I traded it for some credit twords another gun so I don't have it anymore.

6. md1911

md1911 New Member

I own a Rossi. 357 mag I've run atleast 5000 rds fine gun

7. old fart

old fart New Member

what other guns are in my price range, i just like getting a gun, or should i get ammo? thanks

8. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

maybe a Hi-point in 9m/m. Normally I would not recommend this or any of the guns you have listed but times are hard.

9. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

If I had those 3 choices I'd get the Rossi without a 2nd thought -

10. mcb

mcb New Member

My dads had good experience with Rossi. He had a 357 a few years ago, great shooter. He carries a 38 snub its 20 years old no problems at all.