1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Retired
13,900 Posts
1911a1

·
Administrator
1,236 Posts
@Mtnjs - welcome to the site. Please wander over to the Introductions section and tell us a bit about yourself. You will also want to familiarize yourself with this thread (it has good information on the site): So yer new here, huh?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Welcome Mtnjs..........I do have a Cajun kit installed on my Canik C-100 (CZ-75 clone) and it made a huge diff in the trigger pull.
I may have to choose the 226.... with da/sa. However over the past few years I just about quit shooting/carrying the "larger" handguns. I kinda settled in on 365 size.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome Mtnjs..........I do have a Cajun kit installed on my Canik C-100 (CZ-75 clone) and it made a huge diff in the trigger pull.
I may have to choose the 226.... with da/sa. However over the past few years I just about quit shooting/carrying the "larger" handguns. I kinda settled in on 365 size.
I have not handled either handgun but I’ve heard both are quite nice and the cz with the Cajun upgrades shoot and feel great, planning on trying them both at a range soon

·
Supporting Member
14,398 Posts
Mtnjs
I would suggest going looking and feeling each of them if possible. If not at a store maybe someone who has them. Both are excellent pistols but sometimes one feels much better to the person buying them. We all have different anatomical features and usually one feels better and operates easier for the person. Example: Slide Operation, location of Mag Releases and other operational features, along with the Grip, Grip Angle, distance from the proper Grip to the Trigger and other aspects regarding making the best decision. So, if you have some locations where you can go physically see and handle them that is my recommendation. Good Luck! As I stated both are good quality and reliable pistols. (y)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mtnjs
I would suggest going looking and feeling each of them if possible. If not at a store maybe someone who has them. Both are excellent pistols but sometimes one feels much better to the person buying them. We all have different anatomical features and usually one feels better and operates easier for the person. Example: Slide Operation, location of Mag Releases and other operational features, along with the Grip, Grip Angle, distance from the proper Grip to the Trigger and other aspects regarding making the best decision. So, if you have some locations where you can go physically see and handle them that is my recommendation. Good Luck! As I stated both are good quality and reliable pistols. (y)

Thanks! Planning on trying both pistols out at the local machine gun nest… they have the p226 legion but only the cz 75 p01 and I think original 75 so I won’t be able to try the exact model I’m looking at there.

·
Registered
Sp101
30 Posts
I’m torn between my ruger revolvers and my sig 320’s. they’re all for home defense with a couple revolving for personal defense. No matter what, they are just a joy to shoot

·
Registered
8,019 Posts
Two of my favorite all metal DA/SA handguns are the Sig P22X series (I really like the 226, 220, And 228 or 229. ). In my opinion the Legion doesn’t really offer much over the standard models, or the Enhanced Elite models. To me it came down to trigger reach and reset and I went with the Enhanced Elite. Some folks report long term problems with the finish on the Legion models. I kind of view the Legion models as “Club” models. You get some nice upgrades, a looks package, a prettier box and a coin to show you are in the “Club”. But they all shoot about the same. The EE models just felt better and more comfortable to ME. Other folks hands are different and the Legion or a standard model may feel better to them.

The SP01 is a great pistol mine is all stock except the grips. It feels good in the hand. It is a touch front heavy. The low slide can be a bit of an issue if racking under stress. But it is such a gentle shooter with great accuracy.

For range use both the CZ and Sig are great and upgraded triggers are fantastic. For defensive use I wouldn’t recommend going too crazy on reduced weight. It can effect both reliable ignition and reduce a bit of that safety margin that DA/SA pistols bring to the table for shooting under stress. (Or maybe more accurately NOT shooting when you don’t want to under stress).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Two of my favorite all metal DA/SA handguns are the Sig P22X series (I really like the 226, 220, And 228 or 229. ). In my opinion the Legion doesn’t really offer much over the standard models, or the Enhanced Elite models. To me it came down to trigger reach and reset and I went with the Enhanced Elite. Some folks report long term problems with the finish on the Legion models. I kind of view the Legion models as “Club” models. You get some nice upgrades, a looks package, a prettier box and a coin to show you are in the “Club”. But they all shoot about the same. The EE models just felt better and more comfortable to ME. Other folks hands are different and the Legion or a standard model may feel better to them.

The SP01 is a great pistol mine is all stock except the grips. It feels good in the hand. It is a touch front heavy. The low slide can be a bit of an issue if racking under stress. But it is such a gentle shooter with great accuracy.

For range use both the CZ and Sig are great and upgraded triggers are fantastic. For defensive use I wouldn’t recommend going too crazy on reduced weight. It can effect both reliable ignition and reduce a bit of that safety margin that DA/SA pistols bring to the table for shooting under stress. (Or maybe more accurately NOT shooting when you don’t want to under stress).
I like the idea of the sp01 and the aftermarket upgrade options , I know the de-cocker version is more complex to work on but I figure after installing the internals kit all at once I won’t have to do much to it after that. Thanks for the response!

·
Registered
8,019 Posts
Air gun Trigger Handwriting Gun barrel Revolver

I do kind of wish I had gotten mine as a decocker model, but found this one at a price I couldn’t pass up. I know that target was only at 7 yards, but those were the first 15 rounds I put through it, right out of the box. They really don’t need much.

Reactions: Mtnjs

·
Registered
105 Posts
I do kind of wish I had gotten mine as a decocker model, but found this one at a price I couldn’t pass up. I know that target was only at 7 yards, but those were the first 15 rounds I put through it, right out of the box. They really don’t need much.
I got the decocker version at a pawnshop. Didn't have any intent on getting a CZ 75 until I saw it. Now all I wish was that mine had that weird bayonet.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

·
Premium Member
6,537 Posts
Of the two (the SIG and the CZ), I myself would go with the CZ.

While the CZ's have a grip circumference that's a bit of a stretch, for my smaller hands, everything else about them is so "right." Great aim, grip angle, a solid well-built format, decent capacity, dead-nuts accuracy once broken in, and unbeatable reliability (at least in my experience).

Beware, though, if you've never had a CZ. Once you try it and find you like it, there are plenty of variants to tempt you. Caution, if heading over to Angus Hobdell's website, CZ Custom. If you weren't sure you'd like CZ's, now, you'll absolutely need to have one (or more) after seeing what CZ Custom has to offer.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts