Which gun will be the best choice?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by eurotrade, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Glock 17 4th gen

31.1%
  2. Sig Sauer SP2022 9mm

15.6%
  3. H&K P30 9mm

15.6%
  4. H&K USP Tactical .45 Auto

37.8%
  1. eurotrade

eurotrade New Member

Hey guys, i have a dilemma.
    4 guns at the same price and still i can't decide which to get. Could you help me a bit? Which is the best choice for a first weapon as edc ? Much appreciated

Last edited: Oct 17, 2010
  2. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Welcome to the FTF!!

3. eurotrade

eurotrade New Member

Hi, thanks

4. Datam

Datam New Member

The best handgun is the one you find most comfortable to your hand and eye. The advice I usually give is to try several types at the range, then choose. As for calibre, .45 acp is good, .357 or 9mm is fine too!

5. eurotrade

eurotrade New Member

The sigpro fits my hand best, thats for sure, but im not sure its the best pistol. I can get use to every grip, even i can buy optional rubber-grips, thats not a problem.

6. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

To try and differentiate the "best" between H&K, Sig, and Glock is a worthless endeavor. They are all very well made guns which will do the job equally well. Go with the one that feels best to you.

If this is your first gun, I'd lean towards the 9 rather than the .45 (unless you have a specific need for a big bullet like backwoods gun). 9mm ammo is the least expensive of all the "major" calibers which means more shooting.

But once you starting shooting, you'll buy a .22lr very shortly anyway so you can shoot all day and into the night without breaking the bank.

7. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

Interesting list... Hmmmmm...

I agree with 9mm as an EDC. If you are not going to go 1911 for the .45 acp round, then the H&K p30 9mm would be my vote!

8. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

Welcome to are planet.

9. wb_carpenter

wb_carpenter New Member

All choices are great but I think S&W M&P series and Springfield XD series deserve a look too.

My suggestion would be find a range that rents guns at a reasonable price and shoot a few. I don't know how well you shoot a handgun but it takes a little experience to be able to choose which you shoot best.

I would choose 9mm so you can shoot more for less and then move to .45 later and even better buy a .22 pistol too.

10. eurotrade

eurotrade New Member

The SigPro shoots fine, i've never tried a P30 tho, the glock with the new handles must be great ?! I shot the 3rd gen glock and it feels like holding a cactus

The S&W and XD, i don't like these, not a bit.

IMHO i'm pretty sure the USP 9mm is the best from all these guns from the poll, but the price for that model here is....Lets just say you can get 2 USP's out there, i can get only 1, **** huh?

11. eurotrade

eurotrade New Member

I can tell that, the scales are between the G17 (3rd/4th gen) or the SigPro. Cant decide yet

12. eurotrade

eurotrade New Member

I got a HK USP 9MM BLACK SLIDE and im so ****in excited

I will Jizz in my pants :D

I held all the weapons, the glock, the sig and the p30. The p30 is way too small. The sig's slide feels slippery, dont like that, and i dont like the handles. The glock is 1 step under the hk usp IMHO. Im talkin about quality. My second gun can be the glock.

USP, i will tell you 1 thing, dont hesitate. Great gun

13. Recon 173

Recon 173 New Member

Go Glock 9 mm. Good medium sized caliber. Ammo is plentiful and easily available. Good gun too. I own 3 Glocks right now. 2 Glock 17s and 1 Glock 22-C in .40 S&W. Be careful... Glocks are like potato chips. You can't own just one of them...

14. misterballistic

misterballistic New Member

Couldn't agree more! :)

I own one of the pistols listed but won't cast a vote because these polls end up being more of a popularity contest rather than any kind of objective assessment.

Not to mention all the ones listed (and many that are not) need not prove anything to anyone as they are all highly respected and capable firearms.

15. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

If it was me buying and these where my choices I"d lean to the Sig. THey just seem to fit better for me. But there are many not on the list that you might want to look at as well.

16. WDB

WDB New Member

None are my top choice but this being your list the Sig.

17. eurotrade

eurotrade New Member

I got a HK USP 9x19 !!!

18. Missouribound

Missouribound Well-Known Member

Buy 'em all

As suggested, start with the gun that feels the best to you, in a caliber you can afford to shoot. Can't go wrong with a 9mm for ammo affordability. But you will buy another gun before you know it....and another.....and another..... I've got a Walther P99 which I like....but the S&W M&P in 9 is great to shoot as well. Good luck.

19. misterballistic

misterballistic New Member

The H&K USP Tactical .45 shouldn't be in the list, or if it is, perhaps the rest should not since the most major consideration when you are buying a gun is caliber and throwing in a .45 ACP into a mix of 9mm is a bit out of scope.

You may want to decide on your preferred caliber before listing a choice of top notch pistols. Just a suggestion.