Which FTF members would you most like to meet in person.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by theferg2000, Oct 31, 2010.

1. theferg2000

theferg2000 New Member

So I'm starting to learn my way around the forum and learning some of the people that know their stuff around the forum. But just curious what FTF member would you most like to meet (and not just to shoot) in person? And why if its quick (and positive).

2. theferg2000

theferg2000 New Member

Ok so i know it was a late post, but a little surprised NO replies. Just to clarify, not talking about "I'd like to meet Bubba.. cause I like his looooong riffle. You wanna meet me at the GheyHeart hotel this weekend?" kind of thing. Just thought that it would be a good thing for newcomers to have a reference on who the community respects (which - when you add my Bubba comment above to the fact that i have already told i own a Titanium Gold 50 Golden Eagle - will take me off the list if they do see this thread ). I want to know who the guys that i respect respect, and pick up some more that i have missed out on hearing as of yet. I know when i first joined (and still now) i had so many questions, i tried to hold off asking my new list of contacts on anything not of great importance to me.

Dont think it should be a debate, but just a nominee, and quick "why" for good candidates, and let the new members read and decide for themselves.

It would really make a great ongoing thing, and i think would be a great sticky in the introductions section that would help joining members, become and stay active members, and give us newbies something to aim for making in the future.

Bump....

Last edited: Oct 31, 2010

3. theferg2000

theferg2000 New Member

So my people

Was going to save it for a bump later... but My top spots would have to be would be c3shooter and Dillinger (already have many more than that ... i will add more if a bump is needed - don't call my bluff here - just became a supporting member last night and feeling $15 more authoritative! )

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congratulations on becoming a supporting member ferg.

You may or may not get many responses to this thread because it could seem like a popularity contest. There are many members here that I would like to meet personally and a few that I've already met.

If I were to post a list of who I'd like to meet, I would likely forget some folks and that would be embarrassing. Who needs that?

So, I won't post a list, just a welcome. ;)

5. theferg2000

theferg2000 New Member

i started to think about that after my post. I am sure there are some VERY tight groups of friends in here, and could hurt alot more than it would help. Ok then the winner of the "how to list people with out offending other equals contest" wins me adding their name to the list!!!

My first thought: Stipulation: You may not relist anyone listed, and MUST choose ONE PERSON from your list whose member name is the closest ALPHABETICALLY to the last member added (i.e. if someone nominated thefag2000 and i was on your very short list, you would have to go with me theferg2000).

If nothing else i have given everyone a good flaming idea for me in the future. - Finally a thread with free amunition for the whole forum! I mean that should put me on someones list...eh anyone?.... anyone???

6. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

7. theferg2000

theferg2000 New Member

Last rule for this thread. Don't title the thread "Which FTF members would you most like to meet in person.". This will make it appear much more serious, than i had originally intended and it will put people in a bad position if they answer.

Wait a minute... that should have been my first rule BEFORE i started this thread.....

I think you are spot on CA357. I did not intend it to be as serious as the title indicates. Maybe i will wait a bit and come out with a much "softer" approach with a "game" feel to it. I do think it will be a good way to gain REAL ACTIVE members - which is the only type of a true member anyway. I think it could basically create an unbiased reference to the type of leaders you best connect with. Some people connect well with condescending people, some work better with factual, some work better with strongly opinionated, what some people hate, others love, so if all types contribute, i think it would really be a good thing for the building of the website and overall point of the website. But ONCE AGAIN CA - your were right here too.

8. theferg2000

theferg2000 New Member

At least we all agree you have to follow through with your threat to use force, when needed so here it is:

two more that belong: CA357 & SecPro.

(Paranoid Disclaimer: Also thanks to any and everyone that has helped me with my questions - the 4 i listed have done extra with pm's etc, although i have read enough of their stuff to be confident all four have more than just my respect for their input based on the expressed written consent of other FTF members).

- Is It Officially time to close a thread when you are afraid to answer your own question????

9. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I'll tell you who I've met:

Dunerunner
    The Daggle
    mrm14
    Chop

I've shot with them all but Chop.

10. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

This sentence can be read wrong. I thought it was pretty funny. There are many members here I'd like to meet and not just to shoot. :D

11. theferg2000

theferg2000 New Member

I bet you did read it the way it was intended. I meant "and not just shoot" as in assassinate i.e. this thread is not about getting face to face with the people you dislike with a passion. I did not mean it as in go shooting with.

That is so funny, i posted it really late, and never even thought about it being taken the way probably most took it. Well that settles it "AND THE FTF Member with the WORST Thread of 2010 ....Theferg2000

12. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

We've had this thread and many like it in various forms here before. As so well stated by CA357, all it turns out to be is a thread of bad feelings. Several members get left out and then they have to go sit on the hot water bottle for a week or so.

Personally, I don't want to meet any of you because you will just make fun of my Jedi cloak.

13. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I want to meet everyone. Esp Benning, Lon, Skully, RSG, Shihan, and everyone else with Supporting Member status.

I have meet one other and it was short sweet and wish it could have been longer.

14. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Too bad the feeling is not mutual...Pandamonium said he could not get out of there fast enough...:p ;)

BTW, where the hell is Panda anyway. Come to think of it, has anyone heard from WDB lately? :eek:

15. NGIB

NGIB New Member

I "see" enough of you bastages here on the forum. I prefer to form my own mental images of y'all...

16. suprdave

suprdave New Member

My handsome-ness intimidates many on here. Doubt you'll see my name very much! :D

17. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Great!! I'm am instilling in your brain a mental image of me. I am tall, about 5'8", I weight about 130 lbs (on a fat day). I have medium length auburn hair, blue eyes and my blouses always seem to be a bit tight. Oh, and I have a .357 magnum. ;)

Oh, okay. Only the last sentence is true.

18. Highpower

Highpower New Member

And that's enough in my book....... ;)

19. orangello

orangello New Member

Yes, yes i bleve i would. :D

20. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Until you find yourself driving home and you realize you gave skully all your guns, your debit card with pin and the video from your trip to tijuana(ever been to the donkey show?).
    You're cats don't understand why you keep starring at them with your hand held out and then suddenly get up and storm out of the room, mumbling, "damn jedi mind tricks."