Which CZ to Pick?

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by FCross7, Apr 6, 2010.

1. FCross7

FCross7 New Member

It's almost time for me to get my first pistol and I've decided on a CZ 75, but I can't decide on exactly which one. The pistol will be used for both home defense and range work. I've narrowed it down to either the CZ 75 BD or the SP-01 tactical. I can't find much differences in the two other than the extra two rounds, extended beavertail, night sights and rail on the SP-01. Is there something I'm missing or are those the only differences? I know there are a few on here that have the 75 B or BD and recommend them, but I was wondering if anyone had any first hand experience with the SP-01, and if it were you, which one would you get?

I know it probably seems silly, but right now I'm leaning towards the SP-01 simply because I think it looks better, but my mind could be changed if there was a good reason to get the 75 BD instead.

Thanks for any and all advice.

-Fred

Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Maybe I'm just old, but I really liked my 75B in 9mm. It was a tack driver and so dependable as to be almost boring.

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

i got my 97BD because i use it for defensive reasons form time to time the decocker is a nice feature. if it was solely a target/range gun i would have gone with the B version.

4. NGIB

NGIB New Member

5. tekarra

tekarra New Member

Is there any opportunity for you to shoot both pistols before you purchase? I like my 75B and have been contemplating an SP01.

6. FCross7

FCross7 New Member

I was looking at those, but I wanna get something with some more weight to it to help with recoil. This will be my first handgun and I don't wanna develop any bad flinching.

Unfortunately no. The only place around here that used to rent guns had a couple people rent guns and shoot themselves in the range, so they no longer do it and no one I know owns either gun.

-Fred

7. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

My CZ 75B 9mm weighs 2.2lbs unloaded, then add 16+1rds and it handles quite nicely on the range. :cool:

8. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Fred, the recoil on aluminum frame guns in 9mm is minimal, and I wouldn't expect flinching to be a problem for you. Now if you were looking at a .40, I wouldn't say the same. The ergo's on the P01 are among the best I have ever held in my hand - bar none. The only reason I don't still have the P01 is I was offered one I really wanted in trade for it...

Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  9. FCross7

FCross7 New Member

I'll definitely look into it as well then. I'll have to make my rounds to all the local gun shops to see if they have them in stock so I can hold it and compare it with the others.

-Fred

10. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

I like the good old CZ 75B. I owned a BD as my first 9mm and loved it, although I didn't much care for the decocker (I prefer a pure single action gun, I didn't know it then).

Accurate, reliable, good looking (to me at least) and well priced. What's not to like?

[​IMG]

The SP01 is great, I don't think that the 75BD will outperform it and there's no reason not to get it if you like it better. I just don't care for the rail, but I wouldn't mind adding one to my arsenal.

11. tekarra

tekarra New Member

I like my cZ75Bs, but I shoot my 75 Compacts better. Wish I could find an aluminum framed 75 Compact. Passed on one last year.