Which cz semi auto is the best?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by errday121, Aug 5, 2014.

1. errday121

errday121 New Member

I want to pick up a new cz this week and I'm having a hard time deciding which one I want.

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

were you expecting us to pick it for you?

i'm much better at spending other people's money than my own!

3. errday121

errday121 New Member

Well that's not very helpful. I just wanted to know peoples opinions on the different options so I just make an educated decision

4. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

you want helpful?

hit the gun stores and start handling them until you come across one that you can't live without.

CZ's have an excellent reputation for being great pistols. frankly, it would be hard to make a bad choice.

lighten up Frances! it was only meant to be humorous!:D

5. Defiant_one

Defiant_one New Member

6. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

Are you looking it for the range CCW or both. The CZ75/SPO1 shadow is a great handgun.

Attached Files:

7. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

I read nothing but great reviews about the P07 Duty, and being impressed with my other CZs I went for it (9mm). I can't say enough good things about this pistol. The fit in hand and accuracy are off the hook, 16+1 with a great trigger. I carry it every day now IWB. I'm not a huge fan of polymer handguns but this one I like.

Attached Files:

8. Shoobee

Shoobee New Member

It all depends on what you mean by the best.

For the best 45 ACP it is the 97B.

For the best 9mm it is the 75.

9. Shoobee

Shoobee New Member

As far as caliber goes, if you plan on a hammered 5, then either 9mm or 45ACP is fine.

I prefer the 45 however.

10. Defiant_one

Defiant_one New Member

Manta...

Your teasing me now...I have the 75 SP-01 tactical but now you make me want a shadow too...LOL

11. otisthecat

otisthecat New Member

Go with the 2075 RAMI. Then come back and tell me how great it is so I finally get around to buying one.

12. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

I've shot most current CZ pistols. Buy whatever size/weight/frame/caliber fits you right, and buy it with confidence.

The SP-01 is kinda trendy right now. Good gun...not sure what's better about it than a standard 75b, unless you need that mounting rail for various ninja tools. I'd trust pretty much any of the 75-based models (75b, 75c, 2075 RAMI, SP-01, P07, P09, etc) all day long, provided they suited my needs.

My opinion is that a standard CZ 75b is essentially a BHP ($900) that you can get in whatever finish you like for $400-700. That's pretty great. In fact, most CZ products are pretty great in my experience.

13. trigger643

trigger643 New Member

I picked up the CZ75 Stainless. No particular reason. I found the trigger acceptable, the sights replaceable and the finish irresistible. Nice price, too, about $150 off retail.

14. Defiant_one

Defiant_one New Member

Just FYI

The reason the SP-01 Tactical is costlier
    • 3 dot tritium TriCon Night sights (really cool)
    • Tactical Rail
    • Rubber grips, not plastic
    • additional capacity (18+1 vs 16+1 on the 75B)

If you add the cost of those upgrades, it is much more than the price difference of the two..Of the items, the night sights are AWESOME. Even in daytime, they show up better than the smaller dot 75b sights.

BUT..in either case...excellent guns, low recoil and amazing trigger in SA

15. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

I may get an SP-01 one day. I think it's a cool gun, and I like the night sight upgrade. I tend to only have rails on my ARs and poly pistols for whatever reason. Just a personal preference thing. No doubting the SP-01 is great. It's a tacticooled-up 75b.

16. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Id love to get my hands on Any CZ! They are all well made guns. The two that I shot were very sweet to handle. It didn't even feel like "work"...

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

17. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

When one could buy a CZ82 for around $200. It was one heck of a deal. Not they're around $300. Great gun but not so great a deal.

18. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

You can find them for less if you look....I saw one on GB earlier this week that was $275,...

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

19. kiabe1

kiabe1 New Member

are you left handed? are you looking for a range gun? ccw? home defense gun? competition gun? i'm goona need more info to give a good suggestion

20. JonM

JonM Moderator

i beg to differ. ive owned both the 97b and 97bd. two ever so slightly different guns. the 97b will not feed hollowpoints only 230fmj.

the 97bd feeds everything.