Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,825 Posts
Which Colt 1911 should I get?
That's like asking what Chevy should I buy...what are you looking to do with it...range, SD, safe queen, BBQ gun, competition? If you are just looking for the best Colt money can buy then a Gold Cup is the answer.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,880 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,822 Posts
Which Colt 1911 should I get?
With that avatar "methinks thou a troll?" If so, you're on thin ice.

If your query is serious, this, IMO is the best carry Colt out there today:



The Wiley Clapp TALO/Colt 21st Century Commander
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
canebrake said:
With that avatar "methinks thou a troll?" If so, you're on thin ice.

If your query is serious, this, IMO is the best carry Colt out there today:

The Wiley Clapp TALO/Colt 21st Century Commander
I think I can buy whatever I want. U must be buy one brand and never get anything else kinda guy.

Rolleyes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,822 Posts
Which Colt 1911 should I get?
With that avatar "methinks thou a troll?" If so, you're on thin ice.

If your query is serious, this, IMO is the best carry Colt out there today:



The Wiley Clapp TALO/Colt 21st Century Commander
I think I can buy whatever I want. U must be buy one brand and never get anything else kinda guy.

Rolleyes




OP question, "Which Colt 1911 should I get?"

My answer, "The Wiley Clapp TALO/Colt 21st Century Commander".

Your reply, "Rolleyes"?

And I shouldn't think you're a troll.....WHY?

Yep, you are on thin ice. Conduct yourself accordingly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,777 Posts
I own Glocks, Sigs, Berettas, Smith and Wessons, Rugers. I own a couple 1911s, but neither are Colt's.

I think the OP may have not liked that folks jumped to a conclusion about a question just because he has one brand in his avatar.

To the OP. Do you really want a Colt or just a quality 1911?
What do you want to do with the 1911?
A lightweight bobtailed commander would make a great carry piece. But standard full sized frames and slides are nicer for target work.

There are some good custom makers out there that would put out a 1911 that may have started out as a Colt but would have few Colt parts in it by the time they were done with it. Colt makes some good models though for most tasks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,822 Posts
I think the OP may have not liked that folks jumped to a conclusion about a question just because he has one brand in his avatar.
You mean like the OP jumped to his conclusion because what is in my siggy?

Maybe we should all accept the answers we get to our posted questions.....or just not ask them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
canebrake said:
OP question, "Which Colt 1911 should I get?"

My answer, "The Wiley Clapp TALO/Colt 21st Century Commander".

Your reply, "Rolleyes"?

And I shouldn't think you're a troll.....WHY?

Yep, you are on thin ice. Conduct yourself accordingly.
First thing u did was judge on what my avatar was. Maybe u should conduct yourself a little better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
canebrake said:
You mean like the OP jumped to his conclusion because what is in my siggy?

Maybe we should all accept the answers we get to our posted questions.....or just not ask them.
What conclusion did I jump to about your siggy?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
gollygee said:
Seems to me you've received some opinions, including one from a guy that really knows 1911s & specifically Colt 1911s, but you don't like them.
I never said I didnt like the opinions on the colts. but thanks for another post off topic.
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top