Which .22 semi auto

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by NitroxAZ, Jun 28, 2009.

1. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

Looking for a reasonably priced .22 semi auto pistol. What are your recommendations?

2. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

Number 5 needs more input..................... (guess the movie for 10 cool points).

Do you want a full size? target? compact? semi-auto? revolver? single shot? double barreled? double action? single action? which kind of .22 round? .22LR? .22 Magnum?

Here's a list of popular .22 handguns. Type these into the google search engine and you'll get lots of info to start you off.

Smith and Wesson Model 22A .22LR

Ruger Model 22/45 .22LR

Ruger Mark III .22LR

Browning Buckmark .22LR

Hi-Standard .22LR

Walther .22LR

Taurus .22LR Revolver

Heritage .22LR Revolver

Davis .22LR derringer

Jennings Model J-22 .22LR

Phoenix Arms .22LR

3. UnderFire

UnderFire New Member

Don't forget about the Sig .22lr Mosquito...
    accurate,dependable,no feeding & chambering issues, great full size gun chambered in .22LR. I like my Sig .22lr more than my Walther .22lr.

4. kodiak1973

kodiak1973 New Member

My S&W 22A has been an awesome gun so far. Accurate and reliable, it's fed everything I've put through it. I highly recommend this one.

5. Clem

Clem Member

My personal preference is for the Ruger MK III. I like my Hunter best.

Attached Files:

6. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Short Circuit.

I like the Walther P-22 and the Ruger Mark III. I liked them last thread that had this question to. Maybe I'll change it up for the next one though :)

7. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

Thanks for the feedback.

I like the Ruger 22/45, Walther P22 LR and the Sig22LR Mosquito.

FOR THE COOL POINTS:

Short Circuit - SAINT Number 5 (Strategic Artificially Intelligent Nuclear Transport ) or more affectionately known as "Johnny 5"

Yeah I am a dork.

8. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

The best shooting cheaper .22 semiauto you're going to find is the Ruger 22/45. They only run about 230$ for the mk 3 version.

9. luvtoshootum

luvtoshootum New Member

Ruger MKIII is my choice, I have the 6" bull barrel model now, and consistently win matches with it. My son has the Walther P22, and we are both looking at the Sig Mosquito. For the money, though...the Ruger all day long

10. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

The Ruger 22/45 gets my vote. I have the 6" stainless bull barrel version and it is very accurate and never jams. The only thing I don't like is the sights. They are too broad for target shooting. A thinner front blade and rear notch would be a big improvement IMO.

11. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Buck Mark

IMHO, the Buck Marks have to be given very serious consideration. Great triggers out of the box. Accuracy is excellent. I have a Ruger, and I like the fit and feel of the BM better. Great shooters.
    [​IMG]

12. stalkingbear

That don't look like excellent accuracy to me.

13. R-BOLT

R-BOLT New Member

I have a Browning Buck Mark since early 90"s I am guessing. I do not clean it but once in a blue moon. Runs even cheap bulk ammo flawlessly. Accurate enough to put a mean hit on a turtle head at 20+ yards.

14. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Depends on how far the target was. :)

15. bonras

bonras New Member

go with the Ruger. Ive shot the S+W and the Sig. I liked the Ruger mark III 22/45 for feel in the hand and accuracy. Bought the Ruger Mark III 22/45 Chrome with a 5.1 inch barrel. But I'm a dork also:)! Have fun with what ever you decide!

16. BILLYBOB44

BILLYBOB44 New Member

Favorite .22

My vote goes to my Ruger MK II-stainless-5.5' bull barrel++Great shooter!!

17. Revolver-time

Revolver-time New Member

I have owned several of the Rugers. For some reason I just can't warm-up to them. Not long ago, I purchased a S&W 22A. It is a great value. For me it shoots better than my Model 41. The 22A goes with me to the range every week.

18. stalkingbear

You must have an EXTREMELY RARE model 22-a and/or an VERY crappy model 41. I've personally never seen a crappy model 41.

19. Tueur de mouches

Tueur de mouches New Member

For me it is the ruger MKIII Target Bull barrel 5 ' 1/2... I entirely polished it mirror, and it begins accepting all ammunitions. I also saw a 1911 of Kimber in 22lr which leave dreamy.