Where's Your Refund Going??

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Dillinger, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Okay, assuming we are all good little tax paying droids and have over paid the Gubmint this past year, so we are getting a return, where is your's going?

Props to canebrake for giving me the idea for the thread.

At the JD house we need new kitchen floors, because the monster that is my dog has developed the ability, and the taste, for linoleum. Yep, got a big 5 foot by 5 foot square that is bare floor thanks to a puppy who got bored one day. *urge to throttle, but it was HOURS earlier*

Sooo, some of mine will be going this cool, uber durable bamboo flooring that will take me about a month of weekends to install.

But, outside of that, I am hoping to get enough to completely overhaul my reloading situation and get some high volume stuff in place to start cranking out some rounds.

And I am going ahead with the .460 Rowland Project.....

What about you guys??

JD

2. user4

user4 New Member

Back taxes :(

I think I get a couple hundred back after they take the first thousand. Where the hell is MY bailout???

3. JiroZero713

JiroZero713 Active Member

Gotta save up. I might put it back into the Economy in Mutual Funds....or save up for a Bushmaster ACR which I just saw in the Gun Annual....makes me happy that I'm seeing it for real this time.

4. ScottG

ScottG New Member

Private school for little girl unit.... Maybe a Tokarev if a new opportunity opens up.

5. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Unfortunately mine will probably go to bills, at least part of it. Maybe if I can horde a little of it I will buy a bulk amount of 5.56mm for the "EVIL" one. Maybe 300 rounds or more.

6. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

To the Phillipines, to come to rest at the Rock Island Armory.:)

7. ScottG

ScottG New Member

There are quite a few nice things to have from the Philippines....:D

Sharon Cuneta and Lea Salonga

Attached Files:

8. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

2/3 is paying off a credit card so I can get rid of the gd evil thing. Then I have 1/3 left that is going for either
    A. Ruger Charger and Burris 3-12x40mm scope and a Mossberg M42US, and parts for my Mossberg M46(B) b
    B. Threaded barrels on my NEOS and my Remmy 513 and a Liberty Suppressor. (This is the one I am really leaning towards) That way I can take out the So******t commie bastards very quietly.
    C. Shotgun and better camo
    D. Fox Pro Fury and better camo.
    E. Ar-15 (Though I highly doubt this one happening as prices are so stupid high it is not funny).
    F. New 18.4" laptop. I really don't want to spend the money on a vista computer (Read Windows CRAPOLA) when they are bringing out a better OS within a year (Windows 7)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  9. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Got to keep 'em employed or they'll do that.

Does the Dillinger household need an 'alpha male?'

Did you check with the pooch to see if bamboo is a favorite flavor?

Can you say "Dog Whisper?"

I'm done. :D

10. SlamFire

SlamFire New Member

I don't pay taxes. :D

-- Legally not obligated.

11. iloveguns

iloveguns New Member

e-filed my taxes today. Should see it next week. Told the wife she could get new carpet in the house and a new leather reclining couch. The couch part I am way game. Also gonna paint the living room. And I get a few hundred bucks to spend on a new toy.:D Of course I have to figure out time to do all of this with all the DAMN tax returns I have to do here. Oh well.

12. chopkick

chopkick New Member

Springfield M1A1 Scout.

13. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

There is one Alpha in the house and it's me. :cool:

The Puppy on the other hand, all 108 pounds of him at the last vet visit, is too "F"ing smart for my own good and when he gets bored, sh!t happens.... *shrug* What are you gonna do?

We got some samples and left them out, on the floor and on the table and one near his food bowl. He has licked them, but he didn't bite them at all and likes to rest his head on one of them because it's nice and cold. So, I am hopeful that will be the result when the new stuff is put down. *crossing fingers*

The Caeser guy? God I want to punch him right in the throat. Can't stand that guy.....

JD

14. canebrake

canebrake New Member

My work is done here! [​IMG]

15. bkt

bkt New Member

I usually manage to overpay a little bit on Federal taxes and underpay a little bit on New York State taxes, so any rebate I get goes to Albany.

That's life in the fast lane....

16. AsmelEduardo

AsmelEduardo New Member

Refound?

We don't have those... but we know very well to where are going our taxes... To Cuba, Bolivia, Ecuador, Nicaragua and Left Wings Guerillas in Colombia :mad:

17. DonnyKC

DonnyKC New Member

part of my return went to a Smith & wesson ar15,taurus 24/7 9mm pro and about a 1,500 rounds of 5.56. trying to save the rest

18. painted_klown

painted_klown New Member

This is a very interesting question and I have decided to spend my money on a new gun (or maybe 2 if I can find them cheap). :cool:

I am trying to decide between an AK-47 (if I can find a decent one at a reasonable price) / Glock 17, 19, or 34 / 1911 (no specific brand in mind, just a reliable no frills model would be cool) / AR-15 (if I can find a decent one at a reasonable price) / SKS / The highest capacity 12 gauge shotgun I can find (thinking maybe a Mossberg 500 series)

So...I will be shopping around looking for deals, more than likely it will just come down to whatever I can find...lol!

19. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Man, you guys are sadists!

In the past few years, my returns have turned themselves into a new PC, a new .22 lr, a new flat screen monitor, a new .45, a new .40 carbine, a slightly used GMC 4wd. I was looking for a new .270 or .30-06 and a down payment on a new (or very slightly used) 4wd for wifey.

But, since the lay-off, gonna have to store it for now. Back-up for shelter, food, water and ammo. :D

20. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Wow. :D I was thinking 1911, but since you put it that way...