Where's the parts???

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by ZSF76, Mar 26, 2012.

1. ZSF76

ZSF76 New Member

Tying to find a Spikes lower receiver for another build, but there are no parts to be found! The few that I have run across have doubled in price over the last six weeks. What's the deal?

2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

The Bad News is it is not going to get any better! The demand is presently coming on at a rate that far exceeds the demand for ARs and parts from the previous rush in 2008-2009. I was advised by one major company as of last week that presently have received over 5000 AR Orders to build and were getting additional orders at an unbelievable rate. They are cutting the parts orders so they can keep up with the complete weapon orders at the armory. When ask why, they advised due to the threat of Obama getting back which they advised, " quote" "God we hope not! And also those people preparing for the worst in the future. (SHTF) So if you need anything you best be getting it if you can?;)

3. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Palmetto State Armory still advertising their basic lowers for $79.95. These are nice lowers, maybe not the sexiest rollmark.

4. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Hell, just get anything. I hear they are all made in the same factory.

5. ZSF76

ZSF76 New Member

I'll check them out, thanks.

6. Quentin

Quentin New Member

So I hear! :D

Anyway, I'm ok on lowers, 2 extras, but it's time to decide on an upper most rikki tik. Or AgentTikki or whatever. :D

7. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

8. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

So much to do so little time. Reloading equipment, or nightvision? 6.5 grendel or 6.8 spc? Too may questions too much to read. And I picked up a new obsession...flashlights.

9. russ

russ New Member

If yuou're still interested in Spike's, keep an eye on AIM Surplus. I just picked up two blem lowers for $69 each. You just have to be quick because the last batch sold out in about 45 minutes. Create an account there and then click the "notify me" link on any of the listings you are interested in. You need to have your FFL transfer person all worked out in advance if you want to snag one fast.