Firearms Talk banner

Where's the ammo?

3K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  WestTNtoolies 
#1 ·
Doesn't make sense that the shelves have been empty for over a month now. Ammo manufacturers should be working overtime to take advantage of sales. Lots of money to be made, surprised one of the manufacturers hasn't jumped ahead of the others.

#6 ·
Got some today! 5 boxes at 13.97 for fedetal champion 9mm. I was getting worried, but it seems about every two weeks the local stores get ammo. Probably was 2 weeks stock before, but now doesn't last two days. Anyways I got enough range ammo to last a little while. Walmart's Android app seems to be very accurate on ammo in stock!

#8 ·
i dont know....seems like the most commonly used powders, primers, and in some cases(pun) even brass are "out of stock, not backorderable" on the popular suppliers' websites....cabelas, midwayusa, natchez, midwestshooterssupply, brownells,
i managed to find some powder and primers at graf and sons mid january, and that order is still weeks from shipping.:confused:

i'm hoping the mass consumption just hit them all by surprise these last two months. havent had this much hope since i tee'd up at the 2nd hole of 18.

#10 ·
The big Urban areas are having problems with supplies. It seems in the rural areas it is less of a problem. Rural folks tend to stay supplied because they don't depend on big stores to supply their needs.
In the rural areas you store food and ammo regardless of who is in Washington D.C. Its the Cowboy way.;)

Attachments

#11 ·
The big Urban areas are having problems with supplies. It seems in the rural areas it is less of a problem. Rural folks tend to stay supplied because they don't depend on big stores to supply their needs.
In the rural areas you store food and ammo regardless of who is in Washington D.C. Its the Cowboy way.;)
No problem in SW Ohio finding reloading components, and prices have not gone up.

#12 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.