Where would you go?

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by cottontop, Jan 26, 2013.

1. cottontop

cottontop Guest

I have added one final item to my bucket list. I am planning one final hunt before I'm finally gone. I'm thinking of either Alaska or Africa. I'm not interested in any of the large dangerous stuff. No bear, elephant, buffalo or big cats for me. In Alaska, I would be limited to sheep, goats, caribou, moose, and possibly wolf. In Africa, I could take an almost infinite number of species. Hey, I've got to do something with my money or else my kids would just get it.
    CT

2. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I would go to Africa. That is really the only thing on my bucket list. I am 45 years old and have already done more than 5 people my age. But I would still love to hunt in Africa. But I would go after dangerous game...probably big cat.

3. cottontop

cottontop Guest

If I was 45 I would go after the dangerous stuff too. But, at 62 and in not the best of health, I can only quote Clint Eastwood: "A man's got to know his limitations."
    CT

4. racer_x

racer_x New Member

I was always told a wise man knows his limitations!!

For me at this time in my life I wana ELK hunt :)

5. cottontop

cottontop Guest

hunt

Basically saying the same thing.
    CT

6. hairbear1

hairbear1 Active Member

I'd like to get back up into our Northern Territory to hunt Camels and Buffalo.
    I've already crossed off hunting a Northern pig,wild Donkey,horse,wild dog and now want to drop a decent buff and a camel.

After that a trip to Africa to hunt Plains game but I'd love to nail a Lion and Cape Buffalo as well but money as per usual is the killer.

7. tri70

tri70 New Member

I think Alaska would be as great as any place on earth.

8. orangello

orangello New Member

If you are working on the bucket list and accepting the fact that you are worm food in the making, why not take a few bears with you?
    ;)

If i find out i am terminally ill and don't have long, those western game wardens better get ready to chase me and to dig bear-sized graves aplenty. Heck, just thinking about it makes me consider taking up smoking again.

9. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

Would love to hunt Alaska, have only cruised the coast. It was 24/7 heading turning beauty. A friend of mine has hunted both & gushes about both places. If your list has room for both, why not. If you eaned it you might as well spend it!

10. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

I'd go back to Alaska, Africa holds no real interest to me (except maybe to see Mt. Kilimanjaro).

11. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

I love it!! Now for CT. You can book a trip to S. Africa and hunt plains game, 5 species total for 1250.00 these days. That includes lodging, a guide, and meals. 1 of each species. 7 nights, 5 days of hunting. You can bring 2 rifles.
    Flight is about 2000.00 per person, 3500.00 for 2.

12. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

Where do you go to book this??? My birthday is coming up soon ;)

13. tri70

tri70 New Member

I forgot about pirate hunting, amend bucket list for Africa too!

14. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Moose are just big lawn ornaments and wolves can be hunted anytime no permits. I kill an elk for meat just below the house. Tarzan was always attacking hunters in Africa that would be a PIA.:eek:

Attached Files:

15. SSGSF

SSGSF New Member

It's not so much as where I would go but what would I do . I would do a grand slam turkey hunt and then take a big game hunt in North America.

16. Kai

Kai New Member

Africa...but all over, the plains, mountains, etc. Not to hunt, I've no desire to shoot anything I'm not going to eat. Not a trophy specific hunter. But the chance to spend some time on that continent would be awesome.

17. cottontop

cottontop Guest

bear?

I am not terminally ill, just getting old. I guess I am terminal but not ill. Maybe ill tempered but not ill. Anyway, I just have no desire to shoot a bear. I guess I have enough gun. My 8x57 or my 9.3x57 would do it. I just have more desire to hunt deer and antelope kinds of game.
    CT

18. orangello

orangello New Member

I think you should spend some time around some bears and see if you can build up a strong desire to hunt them. Maybe wear some meaty cologne?
    ;) :D

19. Kdub

Kdub New Member

I was on a cow elk hunt Saturday here in Utah. Saw no cows but managed to find some bulls. Had 3 monstrous 6 or 7 point bulls trot by at about 50 yards. I'm talking 360-390 bulls. There really is no more majestic animal out here in the west then rocky mt elk.

20. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

Come down here and hunt Javelina. Or illegals.