where will you be buried?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by bobski, Aug 31, 2013.

1. bobski

bobski Well-Known Member Sponsor

show us a pic of your family plot. sound morbid? shouldnt. its all part of life folks.

2. trip286

trip286 New Member

I don't have a preference. All I ask is that my body not be carried to the hole in one of those damn Lincoln hearses. Good God they're hideous. Gimme my final ride in a Cadillac if you can still find one. If not, then dig the hole closer. Much closer.

3. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

Not going to be buried anywhere, I will be cremated and my ashes scattered.

4. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

I want to be laid out on a boat with lots of wood and pushed out into a vast water mass. And as i float away, somebody will step out of the woods wearing a large black cloak with a hood and will shoot a flaming arrow onto my boat where i will burn and then rest with the fishies.

Thats probably totally unreasonable and possibly illegal. But its what i want.

5. trip286

trip286 New Member

That was my first choice. Well... I don't care what the arrow shooter is wearing, or even if they shoot an arrow. Set the boat on fire before shoving me off for all I care.

But, it is illegal for the most part I believe. Now, you can be towed out into international waters I believe, and do it there.

6. SSGSF

SSGSF New Member

I want to be laid to rest with my *** up so everyone can kiss it .
    Or cremated and have my ashes put in a deer feeder so I can make the most awesome rack and heathy deer around .

7. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Active Member

I dont care...But i hope its in the winter, 15 below zero wind chill...and everybody has to stand out there and listen to the preacher blabber on for 20 mins..........:D

8. johnr1943

johnr1943 New Member

Burial?

Burial? Cremation for me and the ash heap is fine... my soul won't be there! :D

Attached Files:

9. johnr1943

johnr1943 New Member

In Alaska I think they save ya' till the ground thaws...:rolleyes:

10. KG7IL

KG7IL Well-Known Member

2 Corinthians 5:8 King James Bible
    We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord

but, my wife and I will have our ashes placed under our old oak tree. . . .

Now remember, we don't have an oak, it really is a broadleaf maple, but all the same, she loves that spot and there we shall be placed.

11. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Cemeteries are depressing. I also want to have my ashes

scattered.

12. bigjim

bigjim New Member

Rn-Cindy, that is mean (LOL).

Just my luck they will turn our cemetery into a shopping center and I will be under isle B under some SUV. (LOL)

Jim

13. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

From nothingness we come and to nothingness we shall return. If my wishes are honored, I shall be incinerated with my ashes returned to my home to fertilize the woods I love. My monument will be my works which will also return to nothingness over time.

“I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.”

― Mark Twain

14. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Can't say that I really care. I'll leave that up to whoever is making the arrangements.

I do, however, care about what is on my tombstone. The one thing I want is the following...

Having a great time. Wish you were here.

15. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

There is a finite amount of land. At some point, we must consider ending the ritual of burying our dead.

16. shadecorp

shadecorp Active Member Supporter

I will be cremated.
    My ashes will be spread in the ****** of **** ***** park.
    Illegal?
    Yes,
    But I want my ashes spread where there wont be a housing tract
    or mall built.

17. bobski

to those that just said scattered..... where? thats a place.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  18. bobski

im finding this really odd. our family talks about it so there wont be any confusion after we're gone. plot is bought, measured, everything. i care where im buried....so people can visit me when im gone. besides, its going to be a great lift off if theyre around when the rapture comes. might as well know where to watch the show. im going to leave one huge smoke trail. just hope youll all be my wingmen.

19. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

So you want a viking funeral, pretty cool. :)