where to find AKs

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by potentialglock, Dec 19, 2012.

1. potentialglock

potentialglock New Member

Where can I find a good first AK for $650 or less (ish) feel free to make recommendations.

2. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

hahahahaha, ME TO, right here! this guy!!

3. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

Ditto, me to. Now clue dude, there's a guy in Vendor part of the site that has a bunch of AR's still at about a grand each.

4. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

Are you aware of what's going on right now?

5. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

You are 2 weeks late and $1k short.

6. kbd512

kbd512 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Anyone else here miss the days when a good Chinese MAK-90 could be had for 300-350? I wish they'd bring the Commie rifles back. Apparently when a Commie is in charge they frown on permitting their subjects, who can never be trusted with arms, to own or buy modern sporting rifles. The anti-theistic deity forbids it! The hypocrite from California who carries her own concealed carry weapon while forbidding her subjects from doing the same forbids it!

7. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

pfft, Obama has been the best thing to happen to the gun industry in 40 years. Gun Shop Owners were celebrating today after that press conference.

8. 7.62 Man

7.62 Man New Member

This is the only place that has one in stock, but they have stopped selling until their shipping dept. can get caught up.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/com...ndard-rifle-waffen-werks-detail.html?Itemid=0

But it will be a little higher than you expected, it's $699.:eek:
    It is an AK 74 so the ammo is cheaper.........if you don't wait & buy it right now. Who knows when it will go through the roof.

9. potentialglock

potentialglock New Member

I want an ak 47 not 74. The 74 fires a different round. Is the ammo cheaper for the ak74?

10. 7.62 Man

7.62 Man New Member

Yes the 5.45x39 is a lot cheaper than the 7.62x39 ammo if you are buying surplus.
    Checking today's price the 5.45 is 7 cents cheaper per round, that is $35 less per 500 rounds. The AK74 has less recoil so it is easier to get back on target for any follow up shots. As long as you don't need knock down power the AK74 is a great gun & fun to shoot.

11. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

I found three Saiga AK47's black hardware for 699.

12. nfafan

nfafan New Member

I know of a "sporty" SAIGA 16" 7.62x39 available now for a FTF trade in West PA for a Mini-14.

PM if interested for info.