where to find a Thompson for sale???

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by HighPlainsDrifter, Jan 29, 2012.

1. hey guys i am thinking of getting a Thompson with some of my tax return money. Do you guys have any good places to look for one at????

2. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

3. BillM

BillM Active Member Supporter

Wow. You must get one heck of a tax return! A decent
    transferable Thompson will run 15-20 grand.

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

If you are getting enuff coinage back to buy a full auto, you need a much better tax advisor. Yeah, about $20K and up. Semi autos are much, MUCH less- my LGS has a couple. If you mean a Thompson/Center single shot pistol, that is a whole 'nother matter.

So- which is it?

5. Sorry everybody i should have been more specific. No i am just wanting a semi auto Thompson. I don't know if i want the m1 style or the Chicago typewriter lol. I'm just wanting to look a few and see what i can do. Thanks for any help guys.

6. Righteous

Righteous New Member

SOG has new ones for around 950, theres one that keeps showing up alabama armslist.com with guitar case for around 800, i seen it in person and its brand new.

7. SOG as in the knives? whats the website?

8. Righteous

Righteous New Member

southern ohio guns
    if you dont have a ffl with them and registered you may not be able to see there website, I get a flyer in the mail with them and got one the other day and the thompson was in there.

9. Well fellas thanks for all the info on this, but i picked one up locally today and man its sweet. Funny thing though, i never realized how much they weigh. Man it is frikkin heavy hahaha.

ForumRunner_20120210_231550.jpg

ForumRunner_20120210_231526.jpg

ForumRunner_20120210_231505.jpg

10. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Congrats on the addition. Looks great.

11. One more queation fellas, i was looking up mags for the thompson and are they really going for 50 to 60 dollars each or am i just looking in the wrong places?

12. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

You talking stick or drum ?

13. Stick. The drums i have found are going for 500 dollars. Thats way out of my budget. So yeah stick mags.